Isco

NoahCity said:
Ed2607 said:
Ok, just watched 90 minutes of Isco playing for Malaga and the best I can describe him on this performance is mediocre.

He looks like he has a good engine and showed flashes of talent but that was about it.

On the down side, he gave lots of passes away, lost the ball, overhit passes out for throw ins and even let the ball run under his foot while trying to trap it.

In hs defence he was playing against Barcellona however on this performance I saw nothing that would put him close to Nasri, Milner and he's lightyears away from Silva or Yaya.

The commentators were singing his praises in general but not on tonight's performance. Apparently he's earmarked to take over from Iniesta in the Spanish team.

Maybe he just had a bad night?
99.99% of players would struggle against Barcelona.
Heard elsewhere, he's currently carrying Malaga tho.

NoahCity said:
Ed2607 said:
Ok, just watched 90 minutes of Isco playing for Malaga and the best I can describe him on this performance is mediocre.

He looks like he has a good engine and showed flashes of talent but that was about it.

On the down side, he gave lots of passes away, lost the ball, overhit passes out for throw ins and even let the ball run under his foot while trying to trap it.

In hs defence he was playing against Barcellona however on this performance I saw nothing that would put him close to Nasri, Milner and he's lightyears away from Silva or Yaya.

The commentators were singing his praises in general but not on tonight's performance. Apparently he's earmarked to take over from Iniesta in the Spanish team.

Maybe he just had a bad night?
99.99% of players would struggle against Barcelona.

Not Roque Santa Cruz....

I've only seen him 4-5 times including last night & he hasn't looked good enough to get in our team on any of those performances.

The weight of opinion from top football people in Spain who rate him suggests he must be a lot better than I have seen though.

Nasri's typical performance would have been much better for Malaga than Isco's showing last night.

Neville Kneville said:
I've only seen him 4-5 times including last night & he hasn't looked good enough to get in our team on any of those performances.

The weight of opinion from top football people in Spain who rate him suggests he must be a lot better than I have seen though.

Nasri's typical performance would have been much better for Malaga than Isco's showing last night.
He's a very good player but not close to being the finished article. Makes cute passes and has awareness but does make the wrong choices. He's about 2 years away from being a City starter week in week out imo. I'd have him but development wise he's best staying where he is right now.

Us, Chelsea and Real all in the hunt, there's a good reason why. He's not capable of starting every game at any yet but he will be. I'd sooner buy him now than 2 years time when he will cost double.

NipHolmes said:
Neville Kneville said:

He's a very good player but not close to being the finished article. Makes cute passes and has awareness but does make the wrong choices. He's about 2 years away from being a City starter week in week out imo. I'd have him but development wise he's best staying where he is right now.

Us, Chelsea and Real all in the hunt, there's a good reason why. He's not capable of starting every game at any yet but he will be. I'd sooner buy him now than 2 years time when he will cost double.

Precisely. Triple for us what with the City Price. Let's be ahead of the curve and have people coming to us in a couple years offering millions for him as we laugh in their faces.

green pennies said:
NipHolmes said:
Neville Kneville said:

Precisely. Triple for us what with the City Price. Let's be ahead of the curve and have people coming to us in a couple years offering millions for him as we laugh in their faces.

It's the future business fella. The future is identifying the best prospects and taking a educated punt. Buy 5 players at 15m each will cost 75m that's the price of two top players. If a prospect failed to live upto hype you sell on to another team, many examples can be found but Granero is an example.

In short the future isn't buying 2 top player each season, its signing maybe one of them and 3 top prospects. An example would be Isco, Hughes and Sahko with a top striker coming in to replace an outgoing Balotelli and maybe Tevez or Dzeko.

NipHolmes said:
green pennies said:
NipHolmes said:

It's the future business fella. The future is identifying the best prospects and taking a educated punt. Buy 5 players at 15m each will cost 75m that's the price of two top players. If a prospect failed to live upto hype you sell on to another team, many examples can be found but Granero is an example.

In short the future isn't buying 2 top player each season, its signing maybe one of them and 3 top prospects. An example would be Isco, Hughes and Sahko with a top striker coming in to replace an outgoing Balotelli and maybe Tevez or Dzeko.

Does that include Sahin who would rip up the premier league:-)

grim up north said:
NipHolmes said:
green pennies said:

Does that include Sahin who would rip up the premier league:-)

Ok let's sort this, he scored 3 in 12 appearances as a CM. He made clear he was loan only and Rodgers planned for the future, he has Lucas back. Hardly a flop move, he's moved back to a club who're still in the CL and fighting for title rather than top 4.

If you get chance please keep an eye out for him, you'll see why I rave about him, classy player and hopefully will get back to his best.

I do love how we are patient with Garcia yet Sahin is a flop ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.