Islamophobia in the Conservative Party

Or maybe those comedians are prodestant or catholics so are comfortable about ridiculing something they have some knowledge of and don't bother with jokes on Islam, hinduism, sikhism, or budhism as it isn't their experience to draw from
There are muslim comics in this country that take the piss out of their experiences as muslims, same as you get atheist comedians like stephen fry or stewart lee thet have used spoken about and made fun of religions in general including islam.
No mate, the reason there are no comedians telling jokes about islam is that they're shit scared of being murdered,
it's no good deflecting, that is the case, Charlie Hebdo was a direct result of someone attempting satire, we know the dreadful outcome of that.
Newspapers the world over cravenly refused to print their cartoons, because of the fear of deadly repercussions.
Christianity has been mocked and lampooned for generations, it still is, yet we don't have anything like that directed at islam.

No mate, the reason there are no comedians telling jokes about islam is that they're shit scared of being murdered,
it's no good deflecting, that is the case, Charlie Hebdo was a direct result of someone attempting satire, we know the dreadful outcome of that.
Newspapers the world over cravenly refused to print their cartoons, because of the fear of deadly repercussions.
Christianity has been mocked and lampooned for generations, it still is, yet we don't have anything like that directed at islam.

Not by us we don't I have no idea if comedians in muslim countries parody their religion, and yes of course a lot of it is fear of reprecussions in light of what we have seen happen in france and holland, but to say christianity is fair game forgets that most jokes about christianity are aimed at the istitutions like the church and pope and not directly at god or Jesus, though it does happen and christianis are quite relaxed about is, that is true.

Would the beeb say broadcast jokes about muhammad? No of course not as they are worried about repercussion, would roy chubby brown? Probably, but I haven't seen him attacked yet.

At tge same time when diara o'brien or kevin bridges let's say write a joke do they do it about their experience mainly? Yes, hence it more about growing up a chriatian not the muslim fella down the road.
Sharia Miraz on the other hand writes a stand up bases on growing up in a muslim household.

My point wasn't that institutions like bbc and itv are not scared to put jokes on, but that most comedians don't make the jokes because they have no experience of Islam to use that as a source

Not by us we don't I have no idea if comedians in muslim countries parody their religion, and yes of course a lot of it is fear of reprecussions in light of what we have seen happen in france and holland, but to say christianity is fair game forgets that most jokes about christianity are aimed at the istitutions like the church and pope and not directly at god or Jesus, though it does happen and christianis are quite relaxed about is, that is true.

Would the beeb say broadcast jokes about muhammad? No of course not as they are worried about repercussion, would roy chubby brown? Probably, but I haven't seen him attacked yet.

At tge same time when diara o'brien or kevin bridges let's say write a joke do they do it about their experience mainly? Yes, hence it more about growing up a chriatian not the muslim fella down the road.
Sharia Miraz on the other hand writes a stand up bases on growing up in a muslim household.
You appear to have supported what I said, The BBC wouldn't broadcast jokes about Mohammed, but has no problem
with stand ups, or comedy series' based on lampooning Christanity, so it is this fear, which to me is insidious, is the reason
islam is given this dispensation.

You appear to have supported what I said, The BBC wouldn't broadcast jokes about Mohammed, but has no problem
with stand ups, or comedy series' based on lampooning Christanity, so it is this fear, which to me is insidious, is the reason
islam is given this dispensation.

No, if you take the Church of England at one end, which is a kind of "church of please yourself" where guidelines rather than defined ritual are the order of the day, and Islam, which is a more prescriptive religion, where there are very clear methods of observance and defined no go areas, it's obvious that they cannot be treated the same, it is not a matter of favouritism or fear.

What is harmless to a Christian might be considered offensive by a Muslim, or a Jew for that matter, how far a secular society bends to that difference is the issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.