Islamophobia in the Conservative Party

Because they are the only fuckers still blowing themselves and their enemies up in the name of their fucking book and religion perhaps?

Had this forum existed 400 years ago then I’m sure Christianity would be receiving an equal bashing.

Not sure why you keep quoting the bible like some sort of get out clause. About 1% of Christians have actually read the bible and even less take the words therein as ‘gospel’.

I've read the bible (was going to be a deacon when young before I came to my senses), the old testament no one takes as gospel in christianity except the loons and puritans, more of a reference book, and the bible is referenced in the quran as it's the same bleeding god.

Why he keeps referencing the bible I don't know as it is only used sparingly in the Quran.

Abrahamic religions are ridiculous, we all hate each other because we cannot decide if one is his prophet, was some bloke gods son and lastly we don't think either has happened, it's that simple same god arguing over who speaks for him, you all believe in the same fella ffs

On a side I am watching journey into the danger zone on bbc2 and just had a bit on Kurdistan, people forget that one of the main fighting brigades in the Pesmerga army is the Zeravani all womens brigade, that twatted the fuck out of Isil and have been an accepted military unit in the Kurdish army since 1997 after the KDP formed them.

Islam thoughout history hs been both enlghtening and oppressive as has every religion and all go through phases, at present the fundamentalist version of islam seems to be in control of tge narative but not everywhere and not all muslims should be judged on the extremists

I've read the bible (was going to be a deacon when young before I came to my senses), the old testament no one takes as gospel in christianity except the loons and puritans, more of a reference book, and the bible is referenced in the quran as it's the same bleeding god.

Why he keeps referencing the bible I don't know as it is only used sparingly in the Quran.

Abrahamic religions are ridiculous, we all hate each other because we cannot decide if one is his prophet, was some bloke gods son and lastly we don't think either has happened, it's that simple same god arguing over who speaks for him, you all believe in the same fella ffs

You may as well have read viz, it’s the same .

Sorry just rembered and so back onto this mornings topic, I remember Peter Kay made a joke about 2 years ago on telly that was frowned upon about Islam and manchester

Manchester weather is a lot like Islam.
Sometimes it's sunny and sometimes it sh'ite

Put in spoiler as unknown of CoC is broken

Winston Churchill summed it up:
“How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism (Islam) lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.”

Churchill apparently witnessed the same phenomenon in several places he visited. “The effects are apparent in many countries: improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.”

He saw the temporal and the eternal tainted by their belief system. “A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity,” he wrote.

The second-class status of women also grated at the young officer. “The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men,” he noted.

“Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyzes the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world.”

“Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step, and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it (Islam) has vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.”

Churchill’s quotations are from “The River War,” Volume II, pages 248-250, published by Longmans, Green & Company, 1899.

Winston Churchill summed it up:
“How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism (Islam) lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.”

Churchill apparently witnessed the same phenomenon in several places he visited. “The effects are apparent in many countries: improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.”

He saw the temporal and the eternal tainted by their belief system. “A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity,” he wrote.

The second-class status of women also grated at the young officer. “The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men,” he noted.

“Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyzes the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world.”

“Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step, and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it (Islam) has vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.”

Churchill’s quotations are from “The River War,” Volume II, pages 248-250, published by Longmans, Green & Company, 1899.

Yeah but churchil was a racist scumbag who thought the people of the indian sub-contonent were an inferia race and had no problem starving them, never mind his attitude that the concentration camps of the boer war were a good thing and that the irish were ignorant and a lower class than the british.

Made some good speeches though and was the PM we needed in the war.

On the whole though a terrible person

And yet they all lived happily and without bullet holes until they took the piss out of Islam. Kind of backs up the posts from myself and metal biker no?
Yes mate, although, as mentioned earlier the Jewish Defense League made a death threat to Siné saying "20 centimeters of stainless steel in the gut, that should teach the bastard to stop and think." Obviously they didn’t act on the threat but he had clearly upset them enough to suggest killing him.

Just wondering after the most recent events and plenty more besides does anybody think that the tories have islamophobic issues in the party? Not for the first time tory peer Sayeeda Warsi has waded in basically saying again that the party is riddled with racists in particular the islamist type.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...uses-boris-johnson-of-making-hate-more-likely

Barely a month ago she made the call for the party to have a full investigation which evidently fell on deaf ears.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...r-inquiry-into-islamophobia-within-tory-party

In Sayeeda's own words have muslims just become game for the rabid right of the party? It appears that the PM has just given up with this and accepted as part and parcel of the party and now the country that we live in?

Yes they undoubtedly do to a degree but:

a) It doesn’t excuse racism in any other party.
b) Their leader, however incompetent she is, isn’t intimately associated with a set of views or specific groups that espouse or encourage it and has been on official visits to, and met representatives of, Muslim countries.
c) They don’t believe that Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia or other countries where the dominant religion is Islam are inherently racist or apartheid.
d) They don’t appear to believe that there’s an Islamist lobby that seeks to subvert public opinion.

Does that answer the question?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.