Islamophobia in the Conservative Party

Yes they undoubtedly do to a degree but:

a) It doesn’t excuse racism in any other party.
b) Their leader, however incompetent she is, isn’t intimately associated with a set of views or specific groups that espouse or encourage it and has been on official visits to, and met representatives of, Muslim countries.
c) They don’t believe that Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia or other countries where the dominant religion is Islam are inherently racist or apartheid.
d) They don’t appear to believe that there’s an Islamist lobby that seeks to subvert public opinion.

Does that answer the question?

So despite the all the evidence May is just burying her head in the sand because no one like a party donor or weapon buying country has stuck their head above the parapet yet to say that there's an issue.

The entire mayoral campaign undertaken by Zac Goldsmith a couple of years ago and with the full blessing of the Tory leadership was built on Islamaphobia. I still can't beleive to this day how they got away with it to be honest. It was scandalous.

I always think of muslamic ray guns when I see these threads....I then fall about laughing.

Sorry if not serious enough. Apologies to the offended, no offence meant.

Can someone explain to me what constitutes Islamophobia?

The Tories have a longstanding problem with racism and bigotry but I can’t stand that word.

It’s like anti-semitism but means you can hate an awful lot more people!

You see, it’s used for criticising Islam, I’ve been called it several times on Twitter for merely condemning the religion’s teachings.

The word literally means an irrational fear of Islam. I wouldn’t say fearing Islam is irrational at all, in nearly all circumstances.

Whoever came up with the term did so to stifle any debate on the religion itself as well as bigotry towards Muslims... it’s used as a double edged sword.

Muslimophobic would have been a much better term.

According to the dictionary Islamaphobia is a 'dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force'.

Well I have an enormous dislike of Islam but not Muslims, who I don’t treat any differently to anyone else, so I guess I’m Islamophobic then.

See, it’s a fucking ridiculous term.

Well I have an enormous dislike of Islam but not Muslims, who I don’t treat any differently to anyone else, so I guess I’m Islamophobic then.

See, it’s a fucking ridiculous term.
I am just quoting from a dictionary - don't shoot the messenger. Don't forget that Islam is meant to be the peace loving religion despite its followers being guilty of many of the current world attrocities

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.