It appears to me

Great, now the same fucking pricks are bitching and moaning in this thread...

I wonder, will you all throw your season tickets away in protest if Hughes isn't sacked in the summer...?

As a fully paid up member of the Hughes out brigade (at the end of the season, if we can attract a TOP manager Jose/Guss Hiddink/Frank Rikjaard), it really pisses me off the way the op has used the expression OUR club, as if those of us with a different opinion are somehow unworthy or not proper fans. I've been watching MY club lurch from one disaster to another (with the occasional good result, 5-1 springs to mind), and remain trophyless for thirty years, and i'm not being lectured by no fucker about whether i'm a true City fan because I want a change of manager. I respect the opinion of those of you who think Hughes is doing a good job (although I did see Newcastle away against ten men, Stoke away against ten men, Bolton away, Middlesborough away, Brighton away, Forest at home etc), but I expect my opinion to be respected in return. I don't expect you to agree with me, but don't question my passion for MY club, or we will fall out. In the meantime, I am behind the current manager and team, because Hughes In/Hughes Out, we're all blues together right?

hgblue said:
As a fully paid up member of the Hughes out brigade (at the end of the season, if we can attract a TOP manager Jose/Guss Hiddink/Frank Rikjaard), it really pisses me off the way the op has used the expression OUR club, as if those of us with a different opinion are somehow unworthy or not proper fans. I've been watching MY club lurch from one disaster to another (with the occasional good result, 5-1 springs to mind), and remain trophyless for thirty years, and i'm not being lectured by no fucker about whether i'm a true City fan because I want a change of manager. I respect the opinion of those of you who think Hughes is doing a good job (although I did see Newcastle away against ten men, Stoke away against ten men, Bolton away, Middlesborough away, Brighton away, Forest at home etc), but I expect my opinion to be respected in return. I don't expect you to agree with me, but don't question my passion for MY club, or we will fall out. In the meantime, I am behind the current manager and team, because Hughes In/Hughes Out, we're all blues together right?

Nobody has a problem with people who don't rate Hughes...that's fine.

I think most of us object to the obsessive, OTT, way in which every single situation at City at the moment is spun into an anti-Hughes thing...

i think other than the inane nature of the "hughes out" brigades posts, that my other gripe is a lot of peoples desire, no demands, for big name signings and a big name manager. a lot seem to want want these yesterday and they want to be winning the premiership straight away.

for one, its unrealistic, its almost depressing that people think that all these players are only in it for the money. why on earth would they come to us at the moment? what possible attraction do we have for these players/managers? the usual reply being "money" well, lets be honest, these players are paid ridiculous amounts as it is, they can get paid stupid amounts AND win things at other teams.

but also, its the nature in which they word it. "get *so and so* in NOW!". those dont sound like the words of a city fan to me, not one bit.

for once in the time i have been alive we have been given the gift of a bright future and potential. we are teetering on the edge of a huge twist of fate.

and instead of being happy, we get people acting like spoiled kids, whining about wins and demanding players to be shipped to us like cattle.

and before anyone starts, of course i want us to get great players, of course i want us to win things, but i do believe in getting behind our team and supporting them, through thick or thin. This doesn't mean to say that criticism is not welcome, but its the nature of SOME critics that seem to revel in bad form or defeat; its almost masochistic.

personally, i believe that hughes is the best, other than arguably sven, manager we have had in recent times, and if it wasnt for all this money and media scrutiny, people wouldnt be half as harsh on him. it just depresses me seeing city fans whining and moaning and demanding instant success, that is usually reserved for the "fans" of that red shite near the quays.

I was pretty pleased yesterday, for the 1st time I heard a few fans singing for Mh. Alright it was a rag term they used "Sparky give us a dance" or somthing similar, but it does look like the tide is turning in his favour.

I for one am very happy about that. I went through a spell earlier in the season where I seriously questioned if he knew what he was doing (Richards at left back, Gelson at right back & throwing a 2 goal lead away against the dippers), but I'm happy to say I'm pleased with the way he's turned it round & overall his buys are looking very astute.

hgblue said:

I never said that people are not entitled to have an opinion, just don't hijack the forum and each and every topic in an attempt to ram down your message to everyone, and to make it appear that it is more than a small vocal minority

Ducado said:
hgblue said:

I never said that people are not entitled to have an opinion, just don't hijack the forum and each and every topic in an attempt to ram down your message to everyone, and to make it appear that it is more than a small vocal minority
I think if you were to give every city fan a straight choice between hughes and one of;
jose/hiddink/rikjaard/ the majority might not be as small as you think. A lotof blues at the moment are of the opinion that "he'll do for now but not for where we want to be".
For me the jury's out till may but he would admit himself the results away this year have been shite and now he's got the majority of a side that he has signed he's got no excuses from now on.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Ducado said:
They are starting to annoy me now, in the past they disappeared when we won, but now they have found a new one to moan about "the manner of the victory"

To those concerned about the manner of the victory: we stuffed 'em, we got three points, we pissed Gareth S off, we beat for the first time this season, I think, a bottom three side, kept a clean sheet, no sendings off, no own goals, no mistakes that 'did' us, the pasties haven't gone up, the half time draw tickets are still a quid, no traffic going home. Nuff said?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
quality post!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.