Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your earlier comment implied your mixed loyalties in this game was due to the city interest on either side. Spain didn’t feature.

Mancini, great manager though he was, is no longer anything to do with City. So logic suggests from a City point of view you’d support the team with several current City players - in this game which is nothing to do with Spain.
The best team in the tournament won, the team with the best players didn’t, make your mind up where the blame lies.

Well we don't know do we? The manager picks the team. I assume he picks the penalty takers. The manager subbed on Rasford and Sancho ar 119 minutes. I wonder why,? I assume it was to take pens.
Your totally missing my point. Imagine you are at work and the most important contract in your companys history is about to be played. The CEO, Chief exec and all the experienced people hide in the office and leave the apprentices to try to secure the deal.

On reflection, Sterling aside, all our forward thinking players were largely poor this tournament whilst the entire back 4/5 were great and should be team of the tournament as a unit. Funny how going into the tournament all the talk was about how good we are going forward but how defensively vulnerable we are.

That game was there for the taking.

Mancini with the England squad would've won comfortably in 90.

Say it again. Southgate is a lovely bloke and great with the players but game management less than poor.

1 up after 45 mins. That second half plus extra was fucking shamefull. No one else to blame for me.
Very much like the Croatia semi final for me. Went into the break leading one nil, came out and just sat deep, gifting them possession. Italy, a team who are very good on the ball .......Gareth didn’t really offer any tactical changes until ET, and even then it was a bit too late.

Sadly, I’m not sure there will ever be an opportunity like that again. all but one of our games at home.....

I thought that Southgate was about to prove me wrong, the starting XI and the wing backs was working for the first 10-15mins.

However, Mancini changed it up and they took control, even more so when he made the subs. They nullified our wing-backs and without any support they found it easy to contain Sterling and Kane. The goal was coming, we looked leggy and couldn't get on the ball.

Southgate left it too late to make the change and Saka was, for me, the wrong player to bring on (Sancho would have been my preference), by then the damage was done.

A lack of quality in the midfield and a tactical novice in charge did for us in the end.

Thought we were decent at the back again, Stones the pick of the defenders but our best player by a country mile was Rice. He was excellent.

Thought it was a clear pen on Raz and that Chiellini and Jorghino could easily have seen red.

I thought that Southgate was about to prove me wrong, the starting XI and the wing backs was working for the first 10-15mins.

However, Mancini changed it up and they took control, even more so when he made the subs. They nullified our wing-backs and without any support they found it easy to contain Sterling and Kane. The goal was coming, we looked leggy and couldn't get on the ball.

Southgate left it too late to make the change and Saka was, for me, the wrong player to bring on (Sancho would have been my preference), by then the damage was done.

A lack of quality in the midfield and a tactical novice in charge did for us in the end.

Thought we were decent at the back again, Stones the pick of the defenders but our best player by a country mile was Rice. He was excellent.

Thought it was a clear pen on Raz and that Chiellini and Jorghino could easily have seen red.
Agree with every single word.

Rice was immense, I also thought Trippier played well and Saka was not the right sub at all. Have to give credit to Shaw, he was fantastic H1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.