Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a fan of Sterling’s myself but he was England’s best player during the tournament. Even Sterling’s biggest fan wouldn’t be confident in him taking a penalty. Suppose they need something to talk about but a player who’s poor at penalties not taking one really shouldn’t be a debate today.

I can’t stand boregate as a manager but one thing I bet he was thorough on was practising pens. Rashford is clearly a decent penalty taker but shit happens.
Yeah, Rashford did everything right, right up until he kicked the ball. Which I know is the main bit of it. But you could see why he was taking it. Even seasoned penalty pro Jorginho missed his, so anyone can fuck it up.

Once Italy turned up they were in charge. You nearly got away with it when it went to penalties, but it wasn't to be. Italy deserved it. To be honest, I thought you were piss poor, apart from the opening 20 minutes. You never went for it, tried to hold onto the lead and paid the price. Awful penalties where your guys shat it, but you didn't deserve it.

I want to start a national petition that demands that thick, inarticulate, bumbling **** Ferdinfanny never gets on a football show again. He is such an embarrassment.

Well done Italy..not at your best but still too good.

Let the Scapegoating begin.
I will sign your petition.

I think four or five people have responded to this. Only one has come up with an actual name. Everyone else has come up with some fictional ideal manager that only exists in their imagination. So good luck with that, I guess.
It doesn’t go hand in hand does it. We don’t have to have a manager to replace him in order to know he needs replacing. We could also say any name in football worldwide. They’d have had as much experience or success as Southgate before he was appointed so what’s the difference?

Another thing for the Southgate lovers, him picking the penalty takers is madness in my eyes. Forcing players to take a pen if they want to or not is a recipe for disaster surely. If a player is confident enough to take one, let them. I have no doubt Sterling would want to take one, despite being shit at them for us he still steps up.

Yes for the better, we got a foothold in the game after going to a back 4, Italians were all over us with the back 5. It took him a long time to change it mind
Yep. I get some of the criticism of Southgate such as not changing things a bit earlier when Italy were on top, perhaps being a little too defensive in the tournament, not giving certain players enough game time, etc, but what I won't have is this notion that he "parked the bus" in the 2nd half because Italy came back into it and had us on the ropes. It always makes me laugh when people assume that a team that does well in the first half of a game and takes the lead, only for the other team to come back into it in the second half, means that the former deliberately stopped playing the way they were playing. No - that's football and the other team are actually entitled to play well themselves at some point in the game. There are passages of play where one team is dominant and then the other team come back into it. And if that latter team happens to be a very good team with a very good manager - like Italy - then they have a better chance of forcing you onto the back foot and getting back into the game. Italy pushing us back in the second half doesn't equate to us parking the bus, and if it is then that means Mancini parked the bus in the first half hour when England were causing them all sorts of problems. But he didn't - it just so happened that England started off better and Italy were struggling to get a foothold until later in the half. The second half was, in effect, a reversal of roles.

It doesn’t go hand in hand does it. We don’t have to have a manager to replace him in order to know he needs replacing. We could also say any name in football worldwide. They’d have had as much experience or success as Southgate before he was appointed so what’s the difference?
The difference is that you're talking about replacing a manager who has just got to a final and got to a semi-final last time, who clearly has a great relationship with the players. It reminds me of Spurs getting rid of Poch because they think he's the reason they aren't winning stuff, only to find that the proven manager they bring in to replace him is actually much shitter. It's a level of entitlement that England fans have no right to have given our history.

Substitutions made far too late and not playiong to the teams strengths.

Southgate just isn't up to it, I'm not an England supporter - but player for player they are better than Italy.

The difference is that you're talking about replacing a manager who has just got to a final and got to a semi-final last time, who clearly has a great relationship with the players. It reminds me of Spurs getting rid of Poch because they think he's the reason they aren't winning stuff, only to find that the proven manager they bring in to replace him is actually much shitter. It's a level of entitlement that England fans have no right to have given our history.
Not entitlement however not winning tournaments isn’t success is it. World Cup we probably overachieved however we literally played nobody. Played Belgium twice and lost both times then lost to Croatia.

This tournament we again played a load of shit, I’ll say it again Denmark were the highest ranked team we played before last night. Denmark. With the players at our disposal we should have done ok regardless of anything. Instead we done ok whilst playing boring defensive football despite our amazing attackers. He gets the praise for getting us there but no acknowledgement when he’s let us down. If he left England tomorrow he’d end up at somewhere like palace. That says it all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.