Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is zero evidence that Southgate "forced" players in taking a penalty. He confirmed he knew the first 5 before full time based on the penalty taking in training and when penalties arrived he probably asked that 5 if they were up for it and all 5 would of said yes. So no need to change the line up
Yeah I don't get this. People seem to be acting like "I decided" means he told players, rather than they actually discussed it together before the match and he made a decision on who (of those who willing) he thought would be most likely to score. Obviously a wrong decision in the end, and I think there's legitimate criticism to be made about bringing people on just to take a penalty. All you're doing there is increasing the pressure on them, and it's not surprising that the ones who missed were the ones he brought on.

He'll be the manager for the next world cup(providing we get there!!).

However he's got 18 months to sort his tactics out as he can't keep playing that cautious and defensive

southgate has to step down because he is not up to the job ? forget the world cup next year.
we was playing at home in the euro's and he's playing route one park the bus ? come on best chance of winning euros and having foden grealish sancho bellingham bursting to play

southgate is a loser and lacks the knowledge at the top level. mancini knew what to do and after a dodgy start got it spot on and was the better team and the best team in the euro's

Nonsense IMO........but we'll never know because he wasn't brave enough.He should have led by example,like Kane.
Why have a bleeding Manager then if Players are calling the shots.

Southgate hasn't trusted Sancho or Rashford during the tournament, 1 appearance and cameo sub appearances between them, yet he trusts them to take the most important kicks since 1966!

Just like leaving Mount on to take free kicks but did sod all else yet he cant even take a penalty either.

Manager bottled it and some players bottled it too.

Imagine being Pickford today, saves 2 kicks against the Italians but his team mates miss 3! Feel for him not the lads that missed.
Rashford's kick was awful, he did not know what to do from his initial starting position, run up, pause and miss. That does not show confidence to me!

Never mind, all over now.

I mean let's be honest, we can all do that. Here's Mancini's list:

Saudi Arabia
USA
Finland x 2
Liechtenstein x 2
Greece x 2
Bosnia x 3
Armenia x 2
Netherlands
Poland
Northern Ireland
Bulgaria
Lithuania
San Marino
Turkey
Czech Republic
Switzerland
Wales
Austria
Belgium
Spain
England

I feel like people have never watched international football before. Most of the teams anyone beats are going to be shit. But obviously Mancini only won against the worst manager in history on penalties, so he can't be all that either.

So after a poor time for Italy, he goes on a very long unbeaten run, beats a team higher ranked and better than them and wins a tournament. And you don’t see the difference to waistcoat?

Come on then let’s compare him to waiscoat

England’s longest winning run
England’s longest unbeaten run
Higher ranked team beaten in a tournament
Silverware collected

When you’re ready:-)

Sadly the yes man will be here for ages to come the loons who have decided that football is cool to watch since England have done well are out in support for him ...... us in proper football lane know that had roles been reversed and Mancini would have been our manager we would be champions now

The 2nd half is the kind of stuff seen at lower league level sit back and hope they don’t break through ...... fair enough I can see it at certain levels but with that bench honestly no excuses at all

btw why the hell was that poor kid on the last pen ....... surly you put your best penalty takers on the first and last pens ........if the kid ain’t took a penalty in a pressure game then why put him on the last one ????

honestly I’m foaming but sadly it’s the English way embrace failure yet again

southgate has to step down because he is not up to the job ? forget the world cup next year.
we was playing at home in the euro's and he's playing route one park the bus ? come on best chance of winning euros and having foden grealish sancho bellingham bursting to play

southgate is a loser and lacks the knowledge at the top level. mancini knew what to do and after a dodgy start got it spot on and was the better team and the best team in the euro's
He's just said he wants to stay on. The fa won't sack him. Semi and a final in the last 2 tournaments. Serious questions need to be asked about his tactics the the media seem very reluctant to ask them

Typical Little Englanders...fucking entitled twats!
'Entitled' means having a legal right or being permitted to do something. So are you a racist or just ill educated, full of American misuse of the English language picked up from the Internet?

Sadly the yes man will be here for ages to come the loons who have decided that football is cool to watch since England have done well are out in support for him ...... us in proper football lane know that had roles been reversed and Mancini would have been our manager we would be champions now

The 2nd half is the kind of stuff seen at lower league level sit back and hope they don’t break through ...... fair enough I can see it at certain levels but with that bench honestly no excuses at all

btw why the hell was that poor kid on the last pen ....... surly you put your best penalty takers on the first and last pens ........if the kid ain’t took a penalty in a pressure game then why put him on the last one ????

honestly I’m foaming but sadly it’s the English way embrace failure yet again
Done it against Denmark, they was knackered and on the ropes. We took the lead and then bang, Grealish off, sit back and invite pressure. Amateur.

Who knew out of all the players Slab head would score the most ferocious plenty, i thought eng were gonna win it when he scored judging by the standard of first 2 penalties

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.