Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The point was that Mancini adjusted his tactics at half time. We did nothing to counter Italy's revised tactics that were clearly working. I'm not saying a change would have worked but FFS he should have tried something. To be fair, Pep is regularly guilty of the same thing so he's in good company (CL final a good example).
He is indeed. Also remember Mancini adjusting his tactics in the first half of the FA Cup semi vs United in 2011 when they had us on the rack. The game turned totally on its head and Ferguson didn't come up with a solution to counter it.
I would add that despite him not changing it early enough when they had us on the ropes last night, when it got to ET we got a foothold again and could've gone on to win it in that second period. The match was lost on the lottery of a penalty shoot out (which is typical of England)

Last edited:
So who is he alluding to when he says some players were not ready
Ffs Southgate your the one who ain't ready .

Just by listening to him you know he is very defensive inclined, his ratio of talking about what Italy can do and their strengths and the weaknesses in the formations we pick are very telling. It’s sounds like a number of our more exciting players will all be battling it out for the one place in tournaments.

He’s the exact opposite to Pep in that regards. He’s basically Mourinho without the tactical nous just at a time when Mourinho is no longer relevant. The FA do have form for picking yes men who are behind the curve.

There must be Someone to Blame nowadays in the media, even when the basis for the blame is plain wrong.
It must be an English thing and has gone on for as long as I can remember.

Spend weeks hyping up everything getting the country into a frenzy, and then when it inevitably goes tits up they go for blood

It must be an English thing and has gone on for as long as I can remember.

Spend weeks hyping up everything getting the country into a frenzy, and then when it inevitably goes tits up they go for blood

probably, but it seems to have got worse over the last few years. I doubt it's a coincidence that it fills social media at a time the media outlets/tabloids now have more need to fill and attract Angry Clicks.

'Entitled' means having a legal right or being permitted to do something. So are you a racist or just ill educated, full of American misuse of the English language picked up from the Internet?
Out of order, he's probably calling out racists with that post.

The better team won the final and Italy have looked the best team throughout the tournament so I don't have any complaints there. Congratulations to Roberto who has transformed Italy. They're worthy champions but we pushed them harder than anyone else. I'm not a fan of Southgate but I'm not going to join any witch hunt because, whatever we say, we've do ne better in this tournament than we've done in any since 1966 and we should remember that amidst all the depression and anger evident this morning. All concerned deserve congratulations for that. The City lads all did exceptionally well and I'll extend that to "the Manchester contingent" in the starting eleven. No criticism of the lads who missed in the penalty shoot out, and the criticism and abuse they've suffered doesn't come from football fans but from politically motivated morons out to spread disharmony, hatred and trouble. They can just **** off and leave the rest of us to remember our best performance for over half a century. So, hard luck lads, really feel for you but thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.