Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It must be an English thing and has gone on for as long as I can remember.

Spend weeks hyping up everything getting the country into a frenzy, and then when it inevitably goes tits up they go for blood
This time of year isn't called the silly season for nothing.

southgate setup cost england and just have a look at the stats

england
6 shots on goal. 2 on target. 35% of possession.
italy
19 shots. 6 on target. 65% of possession

england was playing at home at wembley and you play route one park the bus vs italy
foden grealish sancho bellingham sat on the bench
I don’t think Foden was on the bench last night

so so glad its all over and its coming home shit will stop

it was never coming home with the setup southgate uses. the media hyped up england and him to the hills
but big question must be asked about FODEN PFA young player of the year. grealish. sancho. belingham.

forget blame and misses ? southgate should be man enough to step down because its to big a job for him
kevin keegan knew it was to big a job for his knowledge. southgate would not get a top job in the premier league

This. Hearing fully grown adults on the radio saying “I must get more into football”.

No, you must not. Unless you’re Southgate then yes you probably should

I’m getting dogs abuse from some non-city supporting mates in the WhatsApp groups this morning, for even daring to ask the question of whether Southgate should now leave his role as manager?

P402 - Him and Shaw received an equal mention.Although Grealish has now come out and put the record straight.

As for Sterling.....he was one of two forwards that started the game,his job was to put the ball in the net.....he should have been 2nd up.If penalties are another weakness in his game,then he should be practising them until he improves,no excuse.
Don’t know how you’ve come to that decision about Sterling, when Southgate has admitted he picks who takes the pens.

The better team won the final and Italy have looked the best team throughout the tournament so I don't have any complaints there. Congratulations to Roberto who has transformed Italy. They're worthy champions but we pushed them harder than anyone else. I'm not a fan of Southgate but I'm not going to join any witch hunt because, whatever we say, we've do ne better in this tournament than we've done in any since 1966 and we should remember that amidst all the depression and anger evident this morning. All concerned deserve congratulations for that. The City lads all did exceptionally well and I'll extend that to "the Manchester contingent" in the starting eleven. No criticism of the lads who missed in the penalty shoot out, and the criticism and abuse they've suffered doesn't come from football fans but from politically motivated morons out to spread disharmony, hatred and trouble. They can just **** off and leave the rest of us to remember our best performance for over half a century. So, hard luck lads, really feel for you but thanks.
Agree entirely with this post mate, except for Rashford's pen, I blame him for being too cocky with it. I'm still trying to work out what the fuck he was doing with that run up

Just by listening to him you know he is very defensive inclined, his ratio of talking about what Italy can do and their strengths and the weaknesses in the formations we pick are very telling. It’s sounds like a number of our more exciting players will all be battling it out for the one place in tournaments.

He’s the exact opposite to Pep in that regards. He’s basically Mourinho without the tactical nous just at a time when Mourinho is no longer relevant. The FA do have form for picking yes men who are behind the curve.
I'm afraid you may be right. Foden should be one of the first names on the sheet. Nothing fazes him. With Grealish and Bellingham as well we may have took control of possession. Our players at City can play various roles across the pitch without a drop in form. Southgate cannot see anything more than a defensive setup.

It sounds stupid but it all went wrong because we scored early. After that Southgate wasn't sure what to do, do we defend the lead or go for another and I think not going for another in the first half really cost us because we were all over them. After the second half they dominated but we didn't change anything, that Chiesa looks an incredible player and he'd probably of got the winner had he not gone off injured. It seemed to me like we were playing for 1-0 or penalties from the start of the second half.

Basically we pushed them all the way but I can't help feel it was a bottle job and most of the tournament has been a bit like that footballing and management wise. We've played mostly on the break, got lucky here and there and well it's summed up by the fact it was always going to be tight but you can't go 1-0 up, setup to not concede and then concede.

After that you need experience for the penalties and I don't understand why at least two of the players with the least experience were picked to take one. Both Rashford's and Sancho's were just pure arrogance in concentrating on doing that weird step thing instead of putting it where the keeper can't get it... Saka shouldn't of taken one purely because of his age and he's not experienced at this level.

Henderson has won a Champions League, Sterling has also been there and done it. You then have bruisers like Phillips who aren't arsed and would probably just smash it in. It's great that we came this far but in hindsight the frustration is we should and could of won had things been done slightly differently.

Last edited:
I've just watched some videos of the trouble when people stormed the gate at Wembley. It's odd I have no idea why the fans in there got so affronted and started attacking the ones coming through the gate. "Pay your fucking money!" I kept on hearing. Why get involved? Why not let the stewards deal with it,? It's not like they were away fans storming the home end or something. Weird one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.