Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how the fuck did donnaruma get player of the tournament, for me kyle walker,john stones and raheem (but i may be a little biased :).

chiesa , chiellini to name 5 that sprang to mind , and imo jorginho was excellent and probably was the best of the lot , he is a fucking unit though and still very young .

I've just watched some videos of the trouble when people stormed the gate at Wembley. It's odd I have no idea why the fans in there got so affronted and started attacking the ones coming through the gate. "Pay your fucking money!" I kept on hearing. Why get involved? Why not let the stewards deal with it,? It's not like they were away fans storming the home end or something. Weird one.

They might have paid top whack for their tickets, understandable why they might get pissed off at freeloaders.

Mount has become one of the over hyped media darlings.
Mainly decent in the PL and a couple of standout games, but nowhere near a regular game changer and often has a tendency to either go missing or run around a lot and produce very little. Very telling that Lampard had no real praise for him last night.

For me.
Pickford - good saves especially in the shoot out.Distribution average.
Walker - Mr Cool had a great game.
Shaw - a rag but very good tbf
Stones - great rugby tackle by Chiellini took him out at the corner. Also was closed down quickly when he had the ball at the back.Very good.
Maquire - heart on sleeve, great pen but found row Z at four times
Trippier - did ok and supplied cross for goal.
Rice - played well.
Phillips -covered every blade of grass tbf
Mount - Rice/Phillips hybrid but not as good as either.
Sterling - very little possession.
Kane - held up play with little no support.
Grealish - not long enough on pitch.
Saka - there must be a good player there but way out of his depth atm.
Henderson - pointy flappy thing who found touch more often than Owen Farrell.

Southgate - the pens oh dear. The tactics oh dear.
The second half was crying out for another speedster next to Sterling to run Chiellini and Bonucci legs. Instead we played to their strengths lumping it up to Kane.
Kane will not be subbed though

Last edited:
'Entitled' means having a legal right or being permitted to do something. So are you a racist or just ill educated, full of American misuse of the English language picked up from the Internet?
My original comment was in response to a post about Saka being racially abused on the internet and of a video showing the some English "fans" kicking the shit out of some Italians.

Now i obviously didn't use the correct grammar for some of you, but i think i let my feelings known in my subsequent post.

So how you can accuse of being racist is insulting and out of order and i think it's probably you who's ill educated for you to make an accusation like that!

Hi mate, I was 20 years old when that world cup took place and remember it vividly. Had all the home advantage we needed and used it well. Only 16 teams in those days so it was the elite of World football, our group was England, Uruguay, France and Mexico. Started with a goalless draw with Uruguay then two 2-0 wins to top the group. Difficult quarter final with Argentina who had Ratin sent off in the 35th minute so we squeaked through 1-0. Brilliant semi against possible the best team in the tournament Portugal which we won 2-1 with both scored by Mr. Combover, one being an absolute stunner. The Final was superb and far more entertaining than the dross last night, the result hinged on the dubious Hurst goal which Hunt always claimed he saw crossing the line. I however think to this day that it didn't so we got the lucky there and ran out 4-2 winners, the last two goals scored in extra time when the Germans were knackered.

So in 1966 England played 6 games to win the World Cup with 5 wins and 1 draw scoring 11 goals and conceding 3.

In 2021 England played 7 games with 5 wins 1 draw and 1 loss scoring scoring 11 goals and conceding 2.

Statistics wise not much difference, but I can assure you the style of play was like chalk and cheese, with the 1966 team being far more attack minded and attractive to watch. The best team Portugal just happened to come up agains an England side that played superbly in that semi-final.

The 1966 team won the World Cup against 15 of the best teams on the planet. The 2021 team just failed to win the Euros against 23 of the best teams in Europe that included the likes of Finland, Noth Macedonia, Scotland and Wales.
Ok, I will bow to your superior knowledge and I have no doubt with your chalk and cheese comment, however there was a strong defensive mindset (and rightly so) running through that team and Charlton was sacrificed in the final.

Southgate was always too scared of losing it to ever have a chance of winning it.

I would love to know why Henderson came off with penalties looming, even if he wasn't going to take one of the 5 he should have been up before the young kid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.