It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To win the CL who would need replacing in our strongest 11?

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Clichy
Yaya Barry
Silva Tevez Nasri
Kun

Not many I would suggest.

There is backup for the front 4. AJ, Edin, Balo.

But its the middle two where we have problems. We have NdJ and that's it. Barry gets injured, Yaya to Africa, we are fucked.

That's where the money should be going. And has rightly been pointed out ddR would be immense.

So to put us up there with Barca etc

de Rossi, Sahin (4 Barry) and Pedro(in 4 AJ). Martinez cover in CM and at the back.

Im going to throw this out there. We need a winger who's pacey, has a trick, can finish and has good passing ability. I, as well as many of us on here have been calling for Bale but the reality is he'd be extremely difficult to get. Tolmie said Real Madrid are now the hunted. Anyone fancy Coentrao (sp?). Been fantastic at The Euro's and has only played 12 games for Real last season. Much cheaper than Bale and started his career as a winger but could also revert to left back when rotated with Clichy.

I'd have him here in a heartbeat

In my opinion if we were to get rid of a striker the only one would be dzeko (and id happily see him stay)....tevez and mancini have made their peace and id happily let tevez run his contract out for the next two years....he is an alround better player than RVP (though not as good a natural goalscorer)

cavani is a great player so if he comes then for me it should be dzeko out

I dont know enough about falcao to have an opinion

the areas we need to look at strengthening are obvious

width out wide is essential.....but im not sure bale would fit into our system (and i do rate him)

The KEY area is cover for yaya..the problem here is that he is such a unique player that i dont see any player mentioned on here or anywhere that has his unique qualities....i dont see anyone that can provide his running power from midfield (which is really his unique quality) combined with his passing ability (either one touch or long range)...playes like alonso, ddr, sahin etc are all superb players (with great passing ability) but none of them have the power that yaya possesses. And its that power we miss when he is out of the team.

The other area which is important is cover for centre half.....savic isnt upto it (yet....maybe never)....for me Kolo is good cover so im not sure why we ar talking about needing cover...unless its because kolo leaves/is leaving......skitel is a good choice but only if Kolo wants to leave

BibbyBlue85 said:
Im going to throw this out there. We need a winger who's pacey, has a trick, can finish and has good passing ability. I, as well as many of us on here have been calling for Bale but the reality is he'd be extremely difficult to get. Tolmie said Real Madrid are now the hunted. Anyone fancy Coentrao (sp?). Been fantastic at The Euro's and has only played 12 games for Real last season. Much cheaper than Bale and started his career as a winger but could also revert to left back when rotated with Clichy.

He'd get fucking destroyed at Left Back in England, he'd be exposed more than Kolarov. Add to that, whenever I see him play, he's always cutting in the middle instead of going down the side which is the job of a winger. He'd cost a bomb and wouldn't be worth it IMO.

Seosa said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

He'd get fucking destroyed at Left Back in England, he'd be exposed more than Kolarov. Add to that, whenever I see him play, he's always cutting in the middle instead of going down the side which is the job of a winger. He'd cost a bomb and wouldn't be worth it IMO.
Mourinho has played him very little this season at Real. Despite being Portugese he doesnt seem to rate him.

There are some players which can leave Real this summer but it doesn't look like Sahin is one them. Mourinho said many times that he'll continue at Santiago Bernabeu. But these players should leave:

Raul Albiol (26, CB/RB)
Ricardo Carvalho (34, CB)
Hamit Altintop (30, RB/RM/CM)
Lass (27, RB/DM)
Esteban Granero (25, CM/DM)
Kaka (30, CAM)
Fernando Gago (26, DM)
Pedro Leon (26, RM/RW)

Lass would be a good signing if we'll sell de Jong. 30 matches in Champions League, did play for Arsenal, Chelsea and Portsmouth here a should around 5M with 1 year left on his contract. And it's similar with Gago and Granero. Both have 1 year left and will cost 5M or less.

Plain Speaking said:
Seosa said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

Mourinho has played him very little this season at Real. Despite being Portugese he doesnt seem to rate him.

I think you're wrong. Both have same agent, Real spent 26M to sign him, he's Mourinho's 1st-choice right-back and can play RM and DM too. No chance he'll leave Real.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:16 pm --<br /><br />
Stretfordian_Blue said:
I've heard Benzema too.

Some "agents" will try that but no chance he'll leave his starting XI place at Real Madrid to join City.

bapi said:
Plain Speaking said:
Seosa said:

I think you're wrong. Both have same agent, Real spent 26M to sign him, he's Mourinho's 1st-choice right-back and can play RM and DM too. No chance he'll leave Real.

-- Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:16 pm --

Stretfordian_Blue said:
I've heard Benzema too.

Some "agents" will try that but no chance he'll leave his starting XI place at Real Madrid to join City.
Eh?? Arbeloa?

richards30 said:
bapi said:
Plain Speaking said:

I think you're wrong. Both have same agent, Real spent 26M to sign him, he's Mourinho's 1st-choice right-back and can play RM and DM too. No chance he'll leave Real.

-- Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:16 pm --

Stretfordian_Blue said:
I've heard Benzema too.

Eh?? Arbeloa?
Arbeloa is RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.