It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fairyfeet said:
Danamy said:
robbieh said:
Kun, Balotelli definitely staying.

Dzeko probably staying.

Tevez likely to be staying.

It has been difficult to shift Adebayor due to his wages. That is gonna be a problem with Edin and Carlos too.

So given that we have 4 very good strikers on the books, 3 of whom are likely to improve, why don't we just leave it at that.

I wouldn't be too confident on the Tevez front, Kia working hard to make sure of that......Juve......Milan.....PSG.....anyone?

Anyone ... as far as i'm concerned.
If we can get £25m for Tevez, even if it costs us £35m for a replacement I'd be happy. Hopefully we won't get another player wanting to reduce his golf handicap for half a season.

Dzeko, happy if he stays, if he wants to. If he goes I think we do need a target-man type but Edin got 19 goals in all comps from 40 appearances. For all the crap he gets on here sometimes that's an impressive stat for, effectively, a 4th choice striker.

Balotelli - still waiting for him to take-off, he's got the talent but the temperament needs work. Could save us £40m if he lives up to promise, or could lose us £10m if he never gets his head straight. Will he, won't he - who has a clue, probably not even Mario :-) A gamble City can afford to take with Kun, Dzeko + 1 (Tevez?) available.

Kun - it would take the GDP of a not-so-small country for City to even consider a transfer - will only get better.

Inter Milan Enter Talks to Sign Manchester City Midfielder Nigel De Jong

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/06/26/inter-milan-enter-talks-to-sign-manchester-city-midfielder-nigel-de-jong/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/06/26 ... l-de-jong/</a>?

Nijinsky 88 said:
Inter Milan Enter Talks to Sign Manchester City Midfielder Nigel De Jong

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/06/26/inter-milan-enter-talks-to-sign-manchester-city-midfielder-nigel-de-jong/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/06/26 ... l-de-jong/</a>?

For the best,he has no intention of signing a new deal so we may as well get a fee and a replacement bought.

Correct me if I'am wrong but aren't we the champions, why is everyone clammering for new faces who will in all probability take a season to settle in,I say stick with what we have, they will only get better and better the more games they play! Why should Nige & Edin be allowed to leave to the benefit of others.

Given that RM wants to play DS and SN in the big games that would suggest we don't really need 4 top line strikers.

We have Kun. We have Dzeko. And we have Balo. Only one can play. So a couple of injuries/suspensions we are still covered.

So tbh we can offload Tevez and replace him with an attacking midfielder.

Having said that Tevez is useful in that he can play both roles.so were there to be complete inury/booking crisis eg Kun and Edin injured, Balo suspended we could still play CT up front.

He can also cover for Silva and Nasri.

So in many ways we have a very good selection of strikers as is.

Do we need to change it?

whicko said:
Correct me if I'am wrong but aren't we the champions, why is everyone clammering for new faces who will in all probability take a season to settle in,I say stick with what we have, they will only get better and better the more games they play! Why should Nige & Edin be allowed to leave to the benefit of others.

Both want first team regularity,neither will get it,in DJ's case he has been offered a huge contract and refuses to sign as he can leave for nothing next season,which,i believe,suits him......

Dzeko is a good player but if we can recoup most of his fee we can find a more suitable replacement imo.

whicko said:

Because there are flaws in our game plan despite being Champions.The easiest mistake to make is to be under the pretence that we are okay exactly the way we are, and that we don't need to improve. We do. If we can fill in those gaps, we can be an even bigger force, not just in the Premier League, but also Champions League.

And also because last season showed Mancini does not yet trust many players beyond maybe the first 15 or 16, he was hesitant to rotate even in the Europa League, never rested Yaya, and despite our Premier League win by the narrowest of margins, we failed to win any of the other five trophies on offer (Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Charity Shield)... there is plenty of room for improvement. Arsenal stood still and look what happened to them. Barcelona spent about £54million on two players last summer after winning five trophies the season before.

LoveCity said:
And also because last season showed Mancini does not yet trust many players beyond maybe the first 15 or 16, he was hesitant to rotate even in the Europa League, never rested Yaya, and despite our Premier League win by the narrowest of margins, we failed to win any of the other five trophies on offer (Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Charity Shield)... there is plenty of room for improvement. Arsenal stood still and look what happened to them. Barcelona spent about £54million on two players last summer after winning five trophies the season before.
Agree with all that. People who think this team is finished article are quite deluded I think.

Ireland_for_pm said:
LoveCity said:
Agree with all that. People who think this team is finished article are quite deluded I think.

The league will certainly be tighter this year,Arsenal,Chelsea were a shambles at the beginning of the season both of whom have bettered there squads,United are United and i'd expect a stronger Liverpool push this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.