It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Can't wait for next season, we'll show them all.

441997_Manchester_City.jpg

You forgot Nasri. Hate it when people forget him in a team! Hes going to be immense next season

God, we don't need to change our strikers! One CB, one CM or somebody who can play both like Martinez, De Rossi or Garcia plus one or two wingers (Tello) and we're done!

yellamcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
argyle said:
Any other targets we're after Tolmie?

Do you see the strategy as one big signing in RVP and then maybe one or two additional squad members?

Anyone think this will be enough to retain the title and a better go at the Champions league?

The German reports about Lewandowski do have some substance to them.

Why are we looking at even more strikers, surely a winger is a must.???

i'd imagine we are speaking to a host of players and seeing if the dominoes fall into place, otherwise every time a deal doesn't get through we're at square one

so, if true lewandowski probably knows that he's only coming if rvp/cavani etc doesn't - but at least he knows otherwise these players could sign for clubs unaware there might be other interest

20sbc07 said:
yellamcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The German reports about Lewandowski do have some substance to them.

Why are we looking at even more strikers, surely a winger is a must.???

When have we ever played with Wingers? It's not our system.

Although personally I think having a couple of decent wingers and Dzeko on the bench would make a good plan B but it doesn't seem to be Mancinis style.
Petrov,Johnson,SWP,Sinclair,Beagrie,Summerbee,Barnes,Holden,Cooke.......

I still don't know where should Dzeko go? Dortmund can't offer 100+k per week, Malaga wants Negredo and PSG was linked with Damiao.

Whilst I was one of those sat in the South Stand screaming for some width in deepest darkest winter when Silva had a loss of form / carried an injury and our ability to pass through teams had seemingly waivered, I don't think wingers are relevant unless you have an extreme talent like Ronaldo.

There's only really the scum who still use them, and they have been struggling in European football since Barcelona stuffed them, and they challenge in the Premier league off memory and reputation.

Teams that employ wingers, in general, tend to get overrun in midfield.

We know that Balotelli and Aguero are staying, but there are still question marks over Tevez and Dzeko, (whether they are staying, not their ability, and yes I include Dzeko). So, it could be that we do need strikers if they are going. But I'd be much happier if we were looking at another central attacking midfielder to help out Silva.

Graeme Souness said:
Whilst I was one of those sat in the South Stand screaming for some width in deepest darkest winter when Silva had a loss of form / carried an injury and our ability to pass through teams had seemingly waivered, I don't think wingers are relevant unless you have an extreme talent like Ronaldo.

There's only really the scum who still use them, and they have been struggling in European football since Barcelona stuffed them, and they challenge in the Premier league off memory and reputation.

Teams that employ wingers, in general, tend to get overrun in midfield.

We know that Balotelli and Aguero are staying, but there are still question marks over Tevez and Dzeko, (whether they are staying, not their ability, and yes I include Dzeko). So, it could be that we do need strikers if they are going. But I'd be much happier if we were looking at another central attacking midfielder to help out Silva.

Well, when I see Germany...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.