It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluegonads said:
i'll be honest, i'm in a flap.
not because we haven't signed anyone yet, it's keeping hold of the "dead wood" thata bugging me.
large amounts of money being paid in wages for bugger all.
get rid of that then the transfers in can start.... and i'm not sure we need much new blood to be honest.

Its an unfortunate side effect of paying higher wages than others, it helps prevent poaching of the players we have and we want keep. It also hinders getting rid of the dead wood as no other club wants to pay the salary and those players are perfectly within there rights to sit back and watch the cash flow in, Im surprised how many have clung on though, I thought quite a few of them would actually want to play football.

In a few years I hope this wont be a problem as the salaries will shrink as the club becomes more desirable to play for.

Having them on the books will be an issue for FFPR though as the Pre 2010 rule was only for the 1st year of monitoring. All these players are going to be on the books this year.

I'm still hoping we stick a last minute bid in for Ibra and T.Silva before they go to PSG.

oakiecokie said:
wahooblue said:
pudge said:
Again, did I say I wasn't excited about it? No

What I am saying is, when people say that Tevez and Aguero are one of the best partnerships in football (which has been said on here) that it's not entirely true.

And I wish people would reserve their judgement until they do it consistently and not judge it off the back of one match (Norwich).

That is my opinion, ok?

Also, who's fault was it they didn't have much of a chance to play together? Lets see if they do get a chance at the end of the window..

I am not Pudge's biggest fan, but he is spot on here. The idea that tevez and aguero are a great partnership is a myth.

Care to explain !!! Could have fooled me during the Norwich away game.
Too may fuckers still believe the shit media.
Dear oh dear !!!

Quite simple. The last three games of the season, the Aguero/Tevez partnership scored exactly Zero goals.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:30 am --<br /><br />
de niro said:
Young said:
sbm said:
Much of it is based on a priori reasoning -- they are both small and Argentinian so they are bound to play well together! Just like Terry and Ferdinand are both tall and English.
I can't be bothered to find the stats, but statistics did show that that short amount of time Sergio and Carlos played together, were much better than when Sergio was partnered with Mario or Dzeko.

No surprise there.

And yet on the final day of the season, Carlos did nothing and Mario and Edin won the league for us. Fitting I would say.

wahooblue said:
oakiecokie said:
wahooblue said:
I am not Pudge's biggest fan, but he is spot on here. The idea that tevez and aguero are a great partnership is a myth.

Dear oh dear !!!

Quite simple. The last three games of the season, the Aguero/Tevez partnership scored exactly Zero goals.

-- Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:30 am --

de niro said:
Young said:
I can't be bothered to find the stats, but statistics did show that that short amount of time Sergio and Carlos played together, were much better than when Sergio was partnered with Mario or Dzeko.

No surprise there.

And yet on the final day of the season, Carlos did nothing and Mario and Edin won the league for us. Fitting I would say.

He got Barton sent off

Rather than just posting the screenshot from Sky Sports, can someone break down which matches the goals were scored in during this 'partnership'? Given that in one of the games, and seemingly the only one anyone can use as justification, was against Norwich, where we scored 6 goals.. Skews it a bit no? In the last 3 games, the crunch games, the hard games, it produced nothing.

I would need to see more of it next season, but I really don't think our future lays in getting two similar Argentinians playing together. Don't just tell us to stop listening to the media, they were championing the idea last time I checked! ( the creators of that screenshot? )

adrianr said:
Rather than just posting the screenshot from Sky Sports, can someone break down which matches the goals were scored in during this 'partnership'? Given that in one of the games, and seemingly the only one anyone can use as justification, was against Norwich, where we scored 6 goals.. Skews it a bit no? In the last 3 games, the crunch games, the hard games, it produced nothing.

I would need to see more of it next season, but I really don't think our future lays in getting two similar Argentinians playing together. Don't just tell us to stop listening to the media, they were championing the idea last time I checked! ( the creators of that screenshot? )
But on fifa tevez is rated 88.

wahooblue said:
oakiecokie said:
wahooblue said:

Dear oh dear !!!

Quite simple. The last three games of the season, the Aguero/Tevez partnership scored exactly Zero goals.

By the same token the 6 goals were scored by 2 defenders,a midfielder (x 2) and two attackers.
Still doesn`t make Sergio and Tevez a shit combination.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
wahooblue said:
oakiecokie said:
Dear oh dear !!!

-- Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:30 am --

de niro said:
No surprise there.

He got Barton sent off

No, Barton got himself sent off.

And Carlos was a lucky boy that he didn't walk too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.