It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fat el Hombre said:
argyle said:
As our first signing of the summer, we sign someone who did ok in a Swansea team - he's not exactly someone who you immediately think will storm the Champions league is he?

If we were fighting to get into the top 4 I'd consider it a good signing, but now we're champions fighting to regain the title, I think any team would expect better.

Put it this way, if the rags signed him would we be quaking or thinking that they are shopping in the bargain basement again?

Anyway, if true, welcome to City, hope you do well.

If the rags signed him I'd be absolutely pissing myself

Were you pissing yourself when they signed Valencia, who was no better for Wigan than Sinclair has been for Swansea? Some players evolve at big clubs, that is the idea of signing promising young players who have shown good ability (as Sinclair has). Of course some go the other way like Savic, but it's a calculated risk at such a transfer fee.

hgblue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
argyle said:
As our first signing of the summer, we sign someone who did ok in a Swansea team - he's not exactly someone who you immediately think will storm the Champions league is he?

If we were fighting to get into the top 4 I'd consider it a good signing, but now we're champions fighting to regain the title, I think any team would expect better.

Put it this way, if the rags signed him would we be quaking or thinking that they are shopping in the bargain basement again?

The whole Forum would be taking the piss mate. Now, because we're signing him, it's a master stroke. Sorry, not for me.
They could sign Messi, Xabi, and Iniesta at the same time and some would take the piss.

This doesn't appear too expensive if it even happens. Let's see how it works out.

Phuket Blue said:
Compared with all the young players we have been linked with, Scott Sinclair would be a shrewd bit of business. He's improving every year and imo has loads more potential. Think about it. Given FFP and everything else, are there any other young English players would be a better fit for us for that sort of money?

No, signing Cazorla for buttons is a shrewd bit of business.

Yes, i realise he aint English but how many English player would improve us?

Might as well give the EDS a run if we are going to bother.

LoveCity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
argyle said:

Were you pissing yourself when they signed Valencia, who was no better for Wigan than Sinclair has been for Swansea? Some players evolve at big clubs, that is the idea of signing promising young players who have shown good ability (as Sinclair has). Of course some go the other way like Savic, but it's a calculated risk at such a transfer fee.

Cant compare the two I am afraid,Valencia was by far the best player that Wigan had at the time,different class,thats why he got a big move,SS isnt the best at Swansea,but he is not the worst neither

LoveCity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
argyle said:

Great point that (Love city).. At the end of the day if he sign's for us he'll be a Manchester city player, so he'll get my backing...

SJC said:
LoveCity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Great point that (Love city).. At the end of the day if he sign's for us he'll be a Manchester city player, so he'll get my backing...

exactly right - some just don't understand how football works at the end of the day, as far as the real undercurrent dynamics that makes a sustainable squad for success. Actually i'd be very happy with this lad tbh thinking about it, he will be hungry and has explosive pace and any form will get him in Eng. squad.

Those saying AJ is twice the player Sinclair is are discounting the fact that AJ is playing with players twice as good as the Swansea players, for example - its all relative and the days when its not possible to give a very young English lad a shot at the top would be a very sad day for football IMO

I don't get the comparisons with Valencia. He was a top player at Wigan for a couple of seasons before baconface invested the not insignificant sum of £17m on him.

Sinclair is nowhere near that standard so far. I watched Sinclair in both games against us last saeson and he did next to nothing to worry us.

As with every City player, he will get my backing but, and let's be realistic, if the rags bought him we would be pissing ourselves at the fact they were skint.

Strange signing, and in my humble opinion, not even as good as Adam Johnson, Hoilett, Moses or Walcott.

We let a similar type of player go just a couple of days ago for £1.3m... like I say, totally underwhelming. Certainly not one of the "bombs" predicted to shake the foundations of world football!

I think the only thing I've learned today is that people drastically and surprisingly overvalue Adam Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.