It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Swan said:
Chill, only 19 days left in the transfer window, the new season is upon us, none of our nearest chalengers have strengthened in their major areas of weekness, the rift between Mancini & Marwood is a non-existant figment of the press pack imagination and we still have all of our powder still dry. Save your strength for a manic end to the window (during which i am certain the major signings will still be made) and the start of our most successful season ever.
THIS!

LoveCity said:
The_Swan said:
none of our nearest chalengers have strengthened in their major areas of weekness

United have addressed their lack of creativity in the middle (Kagawa been outstanding in pre-season for them as he was in the Bundesliga, their version of Silva) and also have their best defender back - of course they are strengthened. And if they do sign van Persie that is a giant upgrade for them too as he is much better than Welbeck. All they will lack is a version of Yaya but in most games that doesn't matter as nearly all Premier League clubs except us and Newcastle (via Cabaye and Tiote) seem incapable of exploiting that and use the age old route of hitting it long (straight to their defenders) or giving it to a winger.

Hopefully the retooled Dippers can take 6pts off them this time.

Vast difference in pace between Bundesliga/pre season and the PL plenty have come from Germany and gone back with their tails between their legs. Also last time I counted in a 4-4-2 formation you need 4 decent defenders, try as I might (even if their best defender makes a full recovery) I can count erm.......2

The_Swan said:
Vast difference in pace between Bundesliga/pre season and the PL plenty have come from Germany and gone back with their tails between their legs. Also last time I counted in a 4-4-2 formation you need 4 decent defenders, try as I might (even if their best defender makes a full recovery) I can count erm.......2

Kagawa will settle in, I'd bet my house on it, he's too intelligent to flop just like Silva. He's also taken apart Bayern Munich more than once and they are better than almost every PL team.

As for their defence, might you not be underestimating them considering they only let in 4 more goals than us last season even without their best defender?

LoveCity said:
The_Swan said:

Kagawa will settle in, I'd bet my house on it, he's too intelligent to flop just like Silva. He's also taken apart Bayern Munich more than once and they are better than almost every PL team.

As for their defence, might you not be underestimating them considering they only let in 4 more goals than us last season even without their best defender?

Have to agree that Kagawa is an excellent player and will be a massive plus to the scum

nedums noodles said:
The_Swan said:
Chill, only 19 days left in the transfer window, the new season is upon us, none of our nearest chalengers have strengthened in their major areas of weekness, the rift between Mancini & Marwood is a non-existant figment of the press pack imagination and we still have all of our powder still dry. Save your strength for a manic end to the window (during which i am certain the major signings will still be made) and the start of our most successful season ever.
THIS!

Or....De Jong and Silva have not extended their contracts, Mancini and Marwood are starting to air their differences in public, Yaya is going to the ACON again, Barry is out for a month, we have signed absolutely nobody, Adebayour and Santa Cruz are bleeding us dry and we are terrified of Platini and FFPR while PSG laugh in his face and the rags get RVP on the cheap. Savic is useless and Tolm is making out of character predictions that aren't coming true and the club is surrounded by conflict when it should be capitalising on our first title in 44 years!

All depends how you look at things ;-)

LoveCity said:
The_Swan said:

Totally agree with this. In my view the comparison with the return of Vidic would be if we had played the entire season without Vinnie. His return will definitely strengthen them.

I can't agree with the view that the current squad is sufficient. As the late lamented Tolm said - 'we have a good squad but not a great squad'. He also said that we needed to be ruthless in our business dealings. We must be mindful that we may not go through this coming season with another amazing injury free run. It will only take a couple of injuries to key players to put us in trouble.

In business you must always move forward. Otherwise the opposition overtake you. Mancini knows this. Hence his concern about the lack of signings.

Cobwebcat said:
Or....De Jong and Silva have not extended their contracts, Mancini and Marwood are starting to air their differences in public, Yaya is going to the ACON again, Barry is out for a month, we have signed absolutely nobody, Adebayour and Santa Cruz are bleeding us dry and we are terrified of Platini and FFPR while PSG laugh in his face and the rags get RVP on the cheap. Savic is useless and Tolm is making out of character predictions that aren't coming true and the club is surrounded by conflict when it should be capitalising on our first title in 44 years!

Next stop, club sold to Ken Bates.

Rammyblues said:
I prefer the Swan to Cobwebcats version of how things are going :-)

So do I but I'm not sure which is more accurate. It's all very confusing. I need one of Kaldoon's soothing talks.

And now Hart is injured too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.