It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left Peg said:
Mad 4 It said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
Sorry I didn't mean offence. Personally other than age and alleged versatility I fail to see how Rodwell offers anything more in CM than NDJ.

I would like DJ to stay he's been great over the years and a good player to have in the squad. He says he likes the club and wants to stay so why can't we find a solution. Who's his agent?

Agent_153

So DJ's agent is a united fan from ragcafe? Interesting.

I agree but we are also being "dicked" if we let players like Nigel run their contracts out. How much did he cost? 18m or something? Then you let him go for free when he still has value? Maybe even to a rival....

TonyM said:
de niro said:
IF we start the season with this squad minus nige we are fucked.

you mean fucked in the sense that we are not clear favourites for the league? I'd agree but we are in with a great chance.

If we can't win things this year we'll win them next year.

Where is all this anxiety coming from?

you build on the success that we had last so far we haven't brought the players in to improve on winning the league on goal difference other teams around us have.

its not so much anxiety more that by now we should had the players mancini wanted and we haven't why?

FantasyIreland said:
I don't understand where all the negativity and panic is coming from.
We have a great squad that needs the smallest of tweaks - unfortunately these 'tweaks' are not easy to find,if and when they become available,then i am fully optimistic they will be purchased,at a price and on the terms that suit and make sense.

The 'deadwood' is being shifted and,in reality,we need a centre half only,still a week to go folks....
I totally agree, we've started the season with 1 player extra to how we finished, we're hardly weakened, others have strengthened, particularly Chelsea, but they were 6th, 24 points behind us. United haven't strengthened the right areas either, they badly needed defensive cover, and a better (younger) midfield, man for man ours pisses all over theirs at the moment. The rest aren't close.

We will likely get Sinclair, and if he replaces AJ, then its a good bit of business because we are getting a younger, more hungry, and quicker player, yes he's not a super star, but we can't always buy, nor do we always need super stars.

Of the thousand or so names in this forum this summer, how many have we seriously been interested in ? I'd say about 3, and that is where the panic comes from, the vast majority of names are just a fans wishlist, or press shit stirring. Even some of those we may have been seriously interested in were not available anyway (DDR).

Personally I'm more than happy with the squad we have at the moment.

Our stance in the transfer market as changed, when we needed top quality players we bought em we forked out the big wages fee and agents fees! Now we have a great squad it's about adding 1 or 2 to bolster the team, don't get this panic

cleavers said:
FantasyIreland said:
We have a great squad that needs the smallest of tweaks - unfortunately these 'tweaks' are not easy to find,if and when they become available,then i am fully optimistic they will be purchased,at a price and on the terms that suit and make sense.

The 'deadwood' is being shifted and,in reality,we need a centre half only,still a week to go folks....
I totally agree, we've started the season with 1 player extra to how we finished, we're hardly weakened, others have strengthened, particularly Chelsea, but they were 6th, 24 points behind us. United haven't strengthened the right areas either, they badly needed defensive cover, and a better (younger) midfield, man for man ours pisses all over theirs at the moment. The rest aren't close.

We will likely get Sinclair, and if he replaces AJ, then its a good bit of business because we are getting a younger, more hungry, and quicker player, yes he's not a super star, but we can't always buy, nor do we always need super stars.

Of the thousand or so names in this forum this summer, how many have we seriously been interested in ? I'd say about 3, and that is where the panic comes from, the vast majority of names are just a fans wishlist, or press shit stirring. Even some of those we may have been seriously interested in were not available anyway (DDR).

For me the swap of AJ for Sinclair is just a like for like at present. So effectively all you can really say is we have stood still. To suggest anything else is not correct.

FantasyIreland said:

I agree, another CB is definitely needed. If AJ leaves and Sinclair takes his place I would be happy.
And I´m glad the club is not paying over the odds on players.

Chelsea signed that RB who's name I can't pronounce or spell, almost bought a brand new team this summer. RB, Hazard, Moses, Oscar, Marin. Shows you what an extended run in the CL can do to our revenue and our ability to do summer business.

Mad 4 It said:
cleavers said:
FantasyIreland said:

For me the swap of AJ for Sinclair is just a like for like at present. So effectively all you can really say is we have stood still. To suggest anything else is not correct.

As it stands we have added Rodwell and sold no one from last years squad so we have improved in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.