It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTID101 said:
Forzacitizens said:
Bit worried about relying on Barry De Jong and Milner for CM when Yaya goes to ACON.
Rodwell? Nasri can more than do a job as well.

Then you factor in the likes of Razak.

We have cover in midfield.

We also have cover in defence but of course like every team you can improve.
Maicon can play CB, RB and RWB. Exactly what Mancini want's in his players. I can see a move for Richards to CB and Maicon to RWB. Richards allowed to go forward when possible also.
Nasri will never play in cm neither will milner, the ones you have mentioned Rodwell/Razak etc are all to similar we need a proper deep lying midfielder who can play balls outwide basically a younger version of Scholes. Do you want a midfield combo of Barry/De Jong? its not good enough imo which is why we were after De Rossi, it would also give us the option to push Yaya up the pitch.

Happy Feet said:
mcfc2607 said:
Forzacitizens said:
Bit worried about relying on Barry De Jong and Milner for CM when Yaya goes to ACON.
Why Barry is world class. He does his job so well you don't even notice him.

Gaz baz love.
Wouldnt say world class, but he has never let us down, all successful teams need players like him.
He made the most tackles last year out of everyone in a team with the best defensive record. David silva one of the best players in the world Voted him for best player of the season.when fit is one of the 1st names on the England team sheet and 4 different england managers have constantly picked him for the team.

CTID101 said:
Forzacitizens said:
Rodwell? Nasri can more than do a job as well.

Then you factor in the likes of Razak.

We have cover in midfield.

We also have cover in defence but of course like every team you can improve.
Maicon can play CB, RB and RWB. Exactly what Mancini want's in his players. I can see a move for Richards to CB and Maicon to RWB. Richards allowed to go forward when possible also.

on a side note samri is absolute class.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:14 pm --<br /><br />
mcfc2607 said:
Happy Feet said:
mcfc2607 said:
Why Barry is world class. He does his job so well you don't even notice him.

Gaz baz love.
Wouldnt say world class, but he has never let us down, all successful teams need players like him.
He made the most tackles last year out of everyone in a team with the best defensive record. David silva one of the best players in the world Voted him for best player of the season.when fit is one of the 1st names on the England team sheet and 4 different england managers have constantly picked him for the team.

bang on the money.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Nasri will never play in cm neither will milner, the ones you have mentioned Rodwell/Razak etc are all to similar we need a proper deep lying midfielder who can play balls outwide basically a younger version of Scholes. Do you want a midfield combo of Barry/De Jong? its not good enough imo which is why we were after De Rossi, it would also give us the option to push Yaya up the pitch.
99% sure he has before. Everton away iirc.
Milner made his name as a CM. PFA YPOTY as a CM so i am sure he can play there.

I agree we need someone like Sahin, Montilivo, Alonso or someone in that mould.
Mancini clearly doesn't because he didn't keep Pizarro on and hasn't signed anyone like that.

CTID101 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Mancini clearly doesn't because he didn't keep Pizarro on and hasn't signed anyone like that.
Erm we've been after De Rossi all summer, Milner wont play in cm, in the two years hes been here he has never played there so why would he this season? And Nasri wont play in the centre especially if we only play with a midfield two, as a combo of Nasri and Yaya we would just get destroyed with no protection in front of the midfield two.

Basically we rely on Yaya way to much without him our midfield is not good enough, although we cant get a second Yaya we can get someone very technically gifted Martinez/Benat etc to give us more depth. Mancini either plays with a midfield two with Yaya plus a defensive midfielder which imo is way to open especially in Europe or a midfield three with Yaya playing in front of 2 midfielders last season it was Barry and De Jong but for me a deep lying playmaker would be much better in this system replacing one of De Jong/Barry. This is the reason we don't play Yaya in a midfield three that often as we don't really have 'regista' to play behind him.

greasedupdeafguy said:
CTID101 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Erm we've been after De Rossi all summer, Milner wont play in cm, in the two years hes been here he has never played there so why would he this season? And Nasri wont play in the centre especially if we only play with a midfield two, as a combo of Nasri and Yaya we would just get destroyed with no protection in front of the midfield two.

Basically we rely on Yaya way to much without him our midfield is not good enough, although we cant get a second Yaya we can get someone very technically gifted Martinez/Benat etc to give us more depth. Mancini either plays with a midfield two with Yaya plus a defensive midfielder which imo is way to open especially in Europe or a midfield three with Yaya playing in front of 2 midfielders last season it was Barry and De Jong but for me a deep lying playmaker would be much better in this system replacing one of De Jong/Barry. This is the reason we don't play Yaya in a midfield three that often as we don't really have 'regista' to play behind him.

Have you got any real evidence that we have been after De Rossi all summer? We might have made an enquiry as far as i know, but if you are stating that we have been after him I think you need to show the evidence

Ducado said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
CTID101 said:

Have you got any real evidence that we have been after De Rossi all summer? We might have made an enquiry as far as i know, but if you are stating that we have been after him I think you need to show the evidence
Doesn't the whole press conference thing, along with loads of sources prove we were at least looking at him? Plus apparently we have renewed our interest in Martinez which shows we are looking at improving our central midfielder. <a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1586920_manchester-city-still-holding-javi-martinez-hope" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... tinez-hope</a> Thats the Martinez link.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Ducado said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Doesn't the whole press conference thing, along with loads of sources prove we were at least looking at him? Plus apparently we have renewed our interest in Martinez which shows we are looking at improving our central midfielder. <a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1586920_manchester-city-still-holding-javi-martinez-hope" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... tinez-hope</a> Thats the Martinez link.
Don't believe everything you read in the paper:-)

greasedupdeafguy said:
Ducado said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

I was asking you for real evidence not speculation, I take you have not got any then, case closed, next!

Ducado said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Ducado said:

I was asking you for real evidence not speculation, I take you have not got any then, case closed, next!
So you don't think we were after De Rossi then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.