It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Leao does not fit into any of this. Pace is no issue as he would be one of the fastest players in the Prem. At 22 he's certainly not looking to extend his career. Can you give me some of the flops you're referring to? Salah came from Roma to Liverpool. Henry came to Arsenal from Juventus. I'm sure there are flops, but there are also some big successes. IMO, Leao would be one of those.
Lukaku, pogba, higuain, shevchenko, veron, Anderson, Mario, cuadrado, torreira, kean, Emerson, amad, under, cutrone, zappacosta, lemina....
The list could go on and on kolarov, cancelo and super Mario are the only decent players we have gotten from Italy to my knowledge could be wrong, but bianchi, bonijov, nastasic, jovetic, maicon, dado havnt been great. Not saying you can't get good players from that league simply in my opinion it's a risk.

Lukaku, pogba, higuain, shevchenko, veron, Anderson, Mario, cuadrado, torreira, kean, Emerson, amad, under, cutrone, zappacosta, lemina....
The list could go on and on kolarov, cancelo and super Mario are the only decent players we have gotten from Italy to my knowledge could be wrong, but bianchi, bonijov, nastasic, jovetic, maicon, dado havnt been great. Not saying you can't get good players from that league simply in my opinion it's a risk.
I'm not sure Lukaku really counts as a player who already had extensive PL experience and some success before even going to Italy. Anderson was from Portugal so no idea why he's included. Lemina was good for Southampton.

Thierry Henry, Gianfranco Zola, Dennis Bergkamp, Patrick Vieira (twice), Roberto Mancini (twice), Mo Salah, Marcel Desailly, Edwin van der Sar, Philippe Coutinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Alisson, Jorginho, Kalidou Koulibaly, Antonio Rüdiger, Dejan Kulusevski, Gianluca Vialli and Attilio Lombardo all joined the Premier League from Serie A.

How about Vialli, Zola, Van Der Sar, Desailly, Bergkamp, DeMatteo, and Coutinho to add to the ones I already mentioned? I can't give you Lukaku or Pogba. They were in Prem first. Regardless, I'd take Leao in a heartbeat, over Sane, Gnabry, Antony, Saka, Diaz, and Dembele. JMO. Its not every day Pep compare's someone to a young Thierry Henry.

How about Vialli, Zola, Van Der Sar, Desailly, Bergkamp, DeMatteo, and Coutinho to add to the ones I already mentioned? I can't give you Lukaku or Pogba. They were in Prem first. Regardless, I'd take Leao in a heartbeat, over Sane, Gnabry, Antony, Saka, Diaz, and Dembele. JMO. Its not every day Pep compare's someone to a young Thierry Henry.
Lukaku and pogba both looked the business in Italy and once they returned they looked awful that's why I included them. If the board signing him I will back him 100% I personally worry about how players will adjust to the Premier league when coming from Italy.

Shame there aren’t more people like Nedum doing punditry…concise, eloquent and well thought out views. Always considers all angles. They don’t even have to be City fans. They just need to be objective and give insights the way Nedum does but it’s all nonsense for the most part from so called pundits. Hence why I usually don’t watch anything outside of football or highlights.

This was enjoyable.
Brilliant pundit, very knowledge and articulate and a step up from Micah.

I'm not sure Lukaku really counts as a player who already had extensive PL experience and some success before even going to Italy. Anderson was from Portugal so no idea why he's included. Lemina was good for Southampton.

Thierry Henry, Gianfranco Zola, Dennis Bergkamp, Patrick Vieira (twice), Roberto Mancini (twice), Mo Salah, Marcel Desailly, Edwin van der Sar, Philippe Coutinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Alisson, Jorginho, Kalidou Koulibaly, Antonio Rüdiger, Dejan Kulusevski, Gianluca Vialli and Attilio Lombardo all joined the Premier League from Serie A.
Both lukaku and pogba looked incredible in the Italian league compared to the Premier league. Feilpe Anderson. Lemina was good initially but soon lost his spot in the first team loaned out and sold for around a quarter of what was paid. I'm not saying there hasnt been successes simply think alot of players struggle to adjust. And history backs that up.

If Bernardo wants to leave so badly and Barcelona will pay at least 80 million I'm fine with him leaving, I wouldn't even bring cm to replace him. What we really need is a winger. I would go for Nkunku or Neymar. This would allow us to move Grealish or Foden into the middle and then we have Rodri, Phillips, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Grealish and Foden to fill 3 positions. This is more than enough. Just imagine:

------------------------ Rodri---------------
-------------------KDB------Grealish---------
Foden------------------------------------Neymar/Nkunku
-----------------------Haaland----------------------------

OR

----------------------- Rodri---------------
-------------------KDB------Foden---------
Mahrez--------------------------------Neymar/Nkunku
-----------------------Haaland----------------------------

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.