It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Well it’s believed ten haag has a transfer budget of around £100m to begin with plus sales? Bear in mind players like pogba, lingard, mata, Matic are leaving on a free with NO transfer fees coming in and NO champions league football then it would be extremely unlikely that the rags blow most of their budget on one player and in a situation where it could take them 3-4 years to be competitive again why would de Jong waste that long of his career at that shambles?!
Yep cant see it but they are hardly the best run club in the world are they!

Well it’s believed ten haag has a transfer budget of around £100m to begin with plus sales? Bear in mind players like pogba, lingard, mata, Matic are leaving on a free with NO transfer fees coming in and NO champions league football then it would be extremely unlikely that the rags blow most of their budget on one player and in a situation where it could take them 3-4 years to be competitive again why would de Jong waste that long of his career at that shambles?!
Is it really that unlikely?

The last decade of transfer business would say the complete opposite.

As for De Jong wasting his career, it was a ridiculous decision to go to Barca in the first place. He went for the big pay check, like he is with the rags.

Is it really that unlikely?

The last decade of transfer business would say the complete opposite.

As for De Jong wasting his career, it was a ridiculous decision to go to Barca in the first place. He went for the big pay check, like he is with the rags.

I think the money and Messi would be huge factors to be honest and from memory we had everything agreed with him and then asked for a delay while we explored something else?

Catching up on the midfield talk. To take stock of realistic targets…

“Internet breakers” (I hate this term)
Bellingham
Pogba
Rice
Kimmich

30m - 80m
Matheus Nunes
Lucas Paqueta
Franck Kessie
Nico Barella
Milinkovic-Savic

80m+ (Without including potential swaps)
Joshua Kimmich
Bellingham
Rice
Leon Goretzka
Fede Valverde
Marcos Llorente

Don’t think I’ve missed anyone here from those that could be ‘realistic’ targets (though I get that some like Kimmich and Goretzka are highly unlikely to actually materialise).

Given our track record, I’d say it’s likely to be Nunes.

If there’s something shit hot in the works as Tolm suggested, look at the top list. And we know Pogba isn’t happening by now. I also don’t see Rice happening at the quoted prices, and we’ve no collateral that would fit in a swap deal to West Ham.

Logic says Nunes for a reasonable 60m.
Hell breaks loose if it’s Gundogan + 80m for Bellingham.

Guess we will see where FDJ ends up. Good thing these days is at least we know we could get him if we wanted to. If we look elsewhere it must mean we have someone else who we think makes more sense for us to sign. Just hope its not Bellingham, fear it could be a huge waste of money. 100m is a lot to pay for someone who would be the lowest ranked midfielder in the team in current ability. Rice would make more sense, since I think he is a much better player today, even if Bellingham has great potential. Tchouameni is probably better than both of them at half the price, and seems to want a PL move. Would be my choice, if FDJ is not an option.

Dont believe these Nunes or Enzo reports at all. Doubt they are good enough to improve the squad, and it seems more like our name is just being mentioned to create some interest.
I think Bellingham is a generational talent. Has every tool, technical wise, to be top top class. But its his Football IQ that sets him apart from the rest.
He would flourish under pep like no-other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.