It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Can the Internet meltdown be kept until Saturday I have a lot of important stuff to do in the next 2 days. Sorry to those who need to stand by their beds but stop moaning and man up.

You make some good points and I don’t have answers for them. TH must have his reasons…we don’t get to see all that goes on.

Romano I’ve never been impressed with as I can’t remember him breaking anything of note. He just seems to post “here we go” once multiple other sources have reported a transfer is done. He has done well for himself.

Ornstein I agree seems to have good contacts and I’ve seen him break news first.

you only need to follow him on Twitter if you just want to know what’s going on with all the transfers!he just breaks what either papers have reported and once the deals are done gives out all the info

Foden/Bernardo will play on the right with Mahrez and palmer hopefully will start to break into the team. Don’t need another Cb. We have 3 excellent players in that position with plenty of options to cover. Fb maybe a tad light if Zin goes. Sterling was replaced by Grealish.

We can’t stockpile players just in case. Pep prefers a smaller squad. Easier to keep people happy.

We have 2 Cbs that can manage a full season. Stones is our best CB but he's made of glass he will eventually get a knock or injury. So really we have right now Ake Laporte and Dias which is brilliant, but if Ake goes you have just Dias and Laporte that can manage a whole season. Then you have to hope that either of those two don't get injured. Ake needs to be replaced. We were on our knees at the the back come the end of the season last year

Bernardo will stay but he will not sign another contract, thought myself he will go next year with lower price because by then he will have only 1 year left.

Playing with fire there with Ake leaving, Stones is injury prone, so we really only have 3 defenders right now that can do a whole season. Getting rid of Ake you really only have two in Dias and Laporte. You would definitely need to replace Ake. Otherwise your incredibly short in that position. Would be stupid going into a season in that shape.
Exactly this mate. I really don’t get these people that say this player or that player can cover etc. It nearly cost us at the end of last season and did cost us big style when Kompany left. I really hope we have learned from our mistakes this time. Personally I would love Jurrien Timber here if Ake leaves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.