It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I still don't think Kalvin Phillips is a weak link at all. Although not in Rodri's class he can still fill in and can add a different dimension to our play (especially with Haaland). He happened to be signed during a unique season where the World Cup fell in December and he was injured when we signed him. His conditioning post World Cup didn't help matters with Pep but he managed to get back in shape enough for Pep to consider him in the cup games. Similar to Laporte the Japanese tour is an opportunity to get back into contention. Both haven't really pissed off Pep to the extent Cancelo had.

I don't really want to pile on him but:

Just going by against Bayern.. Perrone, Bobb, McAtee, Rico, Kovacic.. the list of talent we have is incredible.

I just don't think Kalvin is up to the task. Loses the ball too easily.

Kovacic, Alvarez, Akanji, Gabriel Jesus were 15-30m players who give great depth and can fight for a spot in the starting 11. Other teams have players in that price who can fight for a starting position in our team.

Other than long-term injuries? Let's gamble on that not happening then. Even better let's have a world-class first 11, and all the subs being from academy. After all, we could cope if none of the 11 get injured. We are literally 2 players away from this being the case.
Do you actually know what long term injuries mean. Jesus with Zinchenko left because they weren't getting enough game time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.