It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

truly laughable at 100 million euros
what would Manchester City have to pay for a player (striker) who just scored 52 goals in a season in England.

I don't think anybody in world football can afford to buy Haaland from Manchester City right now, City will never sell unless Haaland wants out. But why would Haaland want to leave if City are winning the BIG trophies?

Get Haaland tied up for the next 10 years and add a buyout clause of £1Billion, that's his worth to the club right now

I don't think many PL fans realise (or if they do, don't accept) the lure of Real Madrid, and I think that too many City fans rely on the mistaken belief that Haaland is a City fan.
Real is widely recognised as being the biggest club in World football, and I doubt that there's many players who would turn them down if they came knocking.
It won't just be about money... Haaland knows Real Madrid want him, and I fully expect that he will move there at some point. Hopefully later rather than sooner, but the simple truth is that he won't be with City for any longer than his dad/agent want him to be.

I don't think many PL fans realise (or if they do, don't accept) the lure of Real Madrid, and I think that too many City fans rely on the mistaken belief that Haaland is a City fan.
Real is widely recognised as being the biggest club in World football, and I doubt that there's many players who would turn them down if they came knocking.
It won't just be about money... Haaland knows Real Madrid want him, and I fully expect that he will move there at some point. Hopefully later rather than sooner, but the simple truth is that he won't be with City for any longer than his dad/agent want him to be.
Brahim, and Adebayor are the only players I can think of off the top of my head who have left City for Madrid.

I think many fans overstate the “lure” of clubs who used to be good but aren’t any more.

Halaand chose City, Bellingham Madrid. That sums it up. We will be battling them for other big signings in future but the days of them taking players at will are long gone, especially ours. People used to say exactly the same thing about the “lure” of Barca but these days the concern should be more about when City come knocking.

Players are more bothered about now than the past. We are top tier.

I think many fans overstate the “lure” of clubs who used to be good but aren’t any more.

Halaand chose City, Bellingham Madrid. That sums it up. We will be battling them for other big signings in future but the days of them taking players at will are long gone, especially ours. People used to say exactly the same thing about the “lure” of Barca but these days the concern should be more about when City come knocking.

Players are more bothered about now than the past. We are top tier.
If they manage to get Mbappe and Haaland is that them out of the running financialy for a decade?

Pointless making such an investment until the gambling issues are resolved
All investments are risky, hence why it'd be a calculated risk. The question is, is it a risk worth taking?

1. If we bought him, would City suffer reputational damage whilst the investigation progresses?

2. Could us buying him be seen as City believing he's innocent, ahead of the investigation conclusion?

3. If he was found guilty after we bought him, how would losing him for a season affect our squad & squad planning?

4. If he was found not guilty whilst at Spam, would that be all systems go?

5. If he was found guilty at Spam, would that end our interest for good?

Personally, I think Paqueta's a risk worth taking. European Football think we're cheats anyway, so the only downsides I'd see is people seeing a Paqueta to City move as our endorsement of his innocence, or us losing him for months if found guilty.

Tonali & Toney bet on matches they weren't involved in & a few they were. Paqueta's not being accused of betting himself. He's being investigated because others have bet on his actions in a few matches, which like Granit Xhaka's case will be a lot harder to prove.

If they manage to get Mbappe and Haaland is that them out of the running financialy for a decade?
They'll have a new financial model for the new Bernabeu
Roll in/out pitch with closing roof and extensive hospitality will bring in megabucks.
A huge weatherproof venue for every entertainment superstar around.
No doubt Madrid local authorities will fiddle the books to recognise their contribution boost to the local economy and effectively support the RM accounts.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.