It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I can appreciate that opinion, yet a feasible alternative to Rodri must be found. We cannot persist playing him in every single game, and when he is absent we are a shadow of ourselves. Put simply, our season would arguably collapse around our ears if he had a prolonged spell on the sidelines. Those two already form two-thirds of their national midfield, and they are smart enough to play either with Rodri or in his absence. Funding them in one window, however, might require the loss of either Bernardo and others or maybe even de Bruyne. No pressure on them if they come then...
Rodri looked shattered on the bench after going off. We can't continue to rinse the best CDM in the world match after match the way we're doing.

Rodri looked shattered on the bench after going off. We cannot continue to rinse the best CDM in the world match after match the way we're doing.
If you watch the Villa goal and the Luiz chance in the second half again, you can understand why. Phillips and Nunes have provided precious little assistance and Lewis looks like a straggler in the Manchester Marathon when he has to run back to our box. It has to be sorted this summer as Rodri might even play until June 26 if Spain go all the way.

Rodri looked shattered on the bench after going off. We can't continue to rinse the best CDM in the world match after match the way we're doing.
Unfortunately we have 15 more games to go, in order to repeat last season's feat. He can probably be rested in 3 of the 8 remaining in the Premier league. 15 is a lot given how ragged he has been ran!

Unfortunately we have 15 more games to go, in order to repeat last season's feat. He can probably be rested in 3 of the 8 remaining in the Premier league. 15 is a lot given how ragged he has been ran!
Unless the other two clubs implode, he’s going to have to play in every game. Our only hope is that we can get far enough ahead in games that he can be withdrawn early.

If you watch the Villa goal and the Luiz chance in the second half again, you can understand why. Phillips and Nunes have provided precious little assistance and Lewis looks like a straggler in the Manchester Marathon when he has to run back to our box. It has to be sorted this summer as Rodri might even play until June 26 if Spain go all the way.

Unfortunately we have 15 more games to go to repeat last season's feat. He can probably be rested in 3 of the 8 remaining in the Premier league. 15 is a lot given how ragged he has been ran!
Philips was supposed to be our new Fernandinho, to compete, rest & rotate with Rodders. With him declining sale & loan offers last summer, it fucked us going for a full blown replacement to aid Rodri.

After this season's struggles, I've a feeling this summer will be big in terms of outgoings & incomings. Our first priority must be to protect Rodri, who most don't rate as our best player, but to me he's our best & most important player by a country mile.

The shattered look on his face last night sent shudders down my spine.

Philips was supposed to be our new Fernandinho, to compete, rest & rotate with Rodders. With him declining sale & loan offers last summer, it fucked us going for a full blown replacement to aid Rodri.

After this season's struggles, I've a feeling this summer will be big in terms of outgoings & incomings. Our first priority must be to protect Rodri, who most don't rate as our best player, but to me he's our best & most important player by a country mile.

The shattered look on his face last night sent shudders down my spine.
I’m quite sure the idea was that Nunes and Kovacic would, when played together, serve as an adequate replacement, yet that combination fell to pieces at Molineux, and thankfully hasn’t been revisited. Our 4 defeats this season were all when we were sans Rodri, so just imagine the effect of him missing ten games. Depending on how the next three weeks go, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we saw midfield churn this summer.

I think what’s apparent is we need maybe 2 more bodies overall. Maybe 1 because Gomez doesn’t really count.

Stones needs to rest properly and so does KDB. So we need another defender and midfielder who are as versatile as the players we have.

This summer we replaced

Laporte with Gvardiol
Mahrez with Palmer and then Doku
Gundo with Kovacic
Wanted a extra man because of Phillips (Wanted Paqueta, got Nunes)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.