It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think we would yes,as he saw an opportunity of first team football.

However,he never had the chance to prove all of the above as he was incorrectly kept in the EDS.Only a few of us recognised the almost guaranteed potential as a result.

I guess if this kid of yours sees an opportunity at the best club in the country,where he is guaranteed silverware and stability.....he might just be swayed.

Fair enough, in that case I would liken his situation with Livramento, who sadly suffered an ACL injury just as he was beginning to make waves in this league. But he was a kid Southampton signed right out of our academy.

With Colwill, I honestly doubt he'll be swayed by that. I think he'll end up renewing his contract.

Got a feeling we might be forced into selling Cancelo and Laporte within England.

Cancelo is currently a FIFA World XI footballer, no way are we selling him for less than £50m/£60m. Can anyone in Europe pay that?

Same with Laporte, can see us wanting £50m but will likely accept £40m. More likely to get that from the PL than abroad where loans and loans with options to buy seem to be the go to at the moment.

There is £100m in value with those two footballers and I know we won't want to make the Zinchenko/ Jesus mistake but it's whether we back ourselves to remain competitive and treat business as business.
No chance we sell them within the league. Cancelo and Laporte can go for 30m each and we will book a profit. That is fine.

It's where the players wanted to go ,if we agree to let them go they have the right to choose which of the teams that meet our valuation they go to.
Fundamentally disagree on that. The players are club assets if they are under contract, and if a club chooses to refuse to deal with a particular other club, then they can do. Agree with @kaz7 - regardless of how the PL title race pans out this season, it was a mistake to sell 2 players to a potential rival club, who already had a manager who had an inside track to how we’ve created a culture of success.

Don't think we are light myself, at most we only need to bring in one more than we let go but even one for one would be okay. I expect 3 or 4 out 3 or 4 in.
I think we've been very fortunate with injuries and hopefully that continues.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Ake
Dias
Laporte
Akanji
Gundogan
Rodri
KDB
Bernardo
Alvarez
Foden
Grealish
Mahrez
Haaland

Currently have 16 first team players then comes a huge drop in quality Gomes, Palmer, Phillips & Perrone the only standout has been Rico Lewis.

Our squad size is a myth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.