It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

View attachment 87583

When you get the squad on paper does look a little light. Nothing overly worrying but an addition on the wings (both sides) is vital. Mcatee and Palmer will play a part this season. I’d even keep Harwood-Bellis to cover Laporte if he actually leaves
You could add Gomes under Grealish

This model is making city a fortune with the insurance of a buy back when another team has given them game time.
The academy is like a money printing production line.
Our club is so well run it should be put up there as an example not throw charges at us for throwing money at what was effectively a business start up.
If ffp was brought in to protect teams from going out of business then our model is at the opposite end of that scale.

I think our recent pattern with the Academy is going to come back to bite us in the long term - the worlds best young talent have joined us in the past years, and we’ve only given a few (English) youngsters a chance.

Foden, Palmer, Lewis.

Why would any top young foreign player look to join us when we don’t even give them a chance to impress. Borges didn’t even get a game for the seniors despite a season that saw him win the reserve league player of the year. Likewise with Lavia, who was evidently more than good enough to be thrown into the mix for rotation.

Short term we’re making good money from this but long term it’s likely to have diminishing returns and other consequences imo.

I think our recent pattern with the Academy is going to come back to bite us in the long term - the worlds best young talent have joined us in the past years, and we’ve only given a few (English) youngsters a chance.

Foden, Palmer, Lewis.

Why would any top young foreign player look to join us when we don’t even give them a chance to impress. Borges didn’t even get a game for the seniors despite a season that saw him win the reserve league player of the year. Likewise with Lavia, who was evidently more than good enough to be thrown into the mix for rotation.

Short term we’re making good money from this but long term it’s likely to have diminishing returns and other consequences imo.
Not sure I agree with that. Lavia and Borges got sold for good money and likely commensurate wages. If they had not been in our academy with the training they get and the footballing education second to none that would never have happened.
They would have been stuck in the usual having to prove themselves at lower levels and work their way up type of approach. Instead of a starting role at a Premier League team.

Foden, Palmer, Lewis.

I look at it completely differently bud

I see us as being the Oxbridge of football. Come to us & you’ll end up with a fantastic career, which is exactly what seems to be happening at the moment

Why wouldn’t that encourage any youngster to sign for City?

Foden, Palmer, Lewis.

The academy is doing its job , giving a brilliant education to young footballers and then selling them on for big money. Making money for the club , and providing education and experience for young players. It’s massive income for us , same as Chelsea’s academy , Ajax etc

Occasionally you will have a gem come through who will go into the first team, but mostly it will be young players with potential that are just not good enough for us but good enough at their age now for other teams. That can be sold and bring money in for us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.