It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Right, now we've won the treble who are we getting rid of?
Phrased thus Cancelo. Phrased who might leave: Laporte, Mahrez, Bernardo, Gundogan, Ortega, Gomez…

When we won the domestic treble, we lost Kompany, Delph, and Danilo, all of whom had been in and out of the side that season, but if Bernardo and or Gundogan leave, then we lose two players that have been integral to everything we have achieved.

Phrased thus Cancelo. Phrased who might leave: Laporte, Mahrez, Bernardo, Gundogan, Ortega, Gomez…

When we won the domestic treble, we lost Kompany, Delph, and Danilo, all of whom had been in and out of the side that season, but if Bernardo and or Gundogan leave, then we lose two players that have been integral to everything we have achieved.
You forgot phillips, not good enough

I feel like I’m in a time warp. I can’t comprehend that Delph left at the same time as Kompany. Delph feels like YEARS ago, and Vinny feels so recent. Mind blown.

Anyway, yeah you’re right. Massive summer coming up!

Right, now we've won the treble who are we getting rid of?
I think some players are coming to the end of their cycles at the club...this happens just naturally. Im not saying all these will go but some will and some will go next summer.

Bernardo - wants a different challenge - the only thing tht stops him going is if no other club in Europe will pay the fee
Gundo - 50/50 whether he stays or goes it seems......reports say he may have changed his mnd and the club may keep him for a season or two
Mahrez - may have an offer from the Saudi league.....if we can get 40m for him then its a no brainer

Laporte - his game time has been restricted this season - his mentality maybe in question (not saying its bad but its not up there with Stones Dias Akanji Ake etc....prone to the odd mistake, lacks a bit of fight at times but one hell of a centre half and too good not to be playing so will probably go

Cancello - hopefully he goes somewhere - maybe another loan but I dont think we can underestimate the positive impact getting rid of him out of the dressing room had...clearly a disruptive figure and we should just take a nominal fee for him to get him out

Phillips - rumours are that if an offer comes in for him he will want to go and we know the club wont stand in his way....we never do of anyone.....

We will release various youngsters as well. Gomez may also leave as it seems he is unlikely to get into the first team regularly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then for next summer there is the question of KDB - as good as he has been it is clear that fitness/age/injuries are starting to play a bigger part in his game.he said himself he has been playing recently through injury - the question of replacements will need to be looked at sooner rather than later.....but think he will play a part for at least another 12 months.
Walker is another who has a season or two left at best I think

Does Palmer need to go on loan?

it seems like we are going for :

Kovacic
Gvardiol - replacement for Laporte

But think if most of the above leave we will need at least one or two more on top of that unless Pep envisages more youngsters coming in. The progress of Rico Lewis this year was probably a bit of a surprise and I dont believe it was something that Pep and the staff would have planned for at the start of the season.....we could see something like that again of course but Im not sure any of the Academy midfielders are ready to step up

I feel like I’m in a time warp. I can’t comprehend that Delph left at the same time as Kompany. Delph feels like YEARS ago, and Vinny feels so recent. Mind blown.

Anyway, yeah you’re right. Massive summer coming up!
Yes, it’s only when you go back and look at the seasons that you see that we only really tend to shift on those that have already gravitated to the periphery, which, if that pattern were to continue, would suggest Laporte and Mahrez now leave. After that, it comes down to whether Gundogan and Bernardo opt to leave. Them both leaving might be too much for the club to tolerate this summer, but it will also be cognisant of the fact that if things are not addressed now, then there is a danger that the summer of 2025 could be even worse.

Never have a better chance to target any player we feel is the right fit.

We are officially Nr 1 with the titles to back it up.

Going to be an interesting summer. Despite the positive word around Gundogan last weekend nothing is certain, still stand by Kovacic was brought in as a replacement for someone City know is likely off.

Mahrez, Bern could be off.

Expecting 4-5 in & out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.