It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The elephant in the room is that we have a billion pound squad with one of the greatest managers of all time and people are suggesting we are nothing and they need their hand held by Rodri.

The likes of Kovacic are more than capable deputies, no one else in world football has a more experienced midfielder to drop in for their usual first choice.

The games we lost without Rodri were shit performances all round, I dont know if Rodri would have made a difference, just a weird set of games. Shit deflection last minute goal by Arse, 1-0 loss. Wolves, Hwang should have been sent off and we probably would have battered a 10 man team and Villa were flying last year, again just a narrow 1-0 loss.

Looking at his apps last year, Rodri was rested in pretty much all of the games you would expect e.g. Dead rubbers in CL and the weak FA cup games. Probably could have been subbed earlier in several premier league games but that is about it.

Agree with the sentiment on the whole, but Villa was not a narrow loss.

We had a chance in first few minutes and then where comprehensively outplayed for the other 90 minutes.

Been a long time since I’ve seen a team do that to City, but TBF to them they did.

Agree with the sentiment on the whole, but Villa was not a narrow loss.

We had a chance in first few minutes and then where comprehensively outplayed for the other 90 minutes.

Been a long time since I’ve seen a team do that to City, but TBF to them they did.
No I completely agree mate. I was at the game and we haven't been beaten like that many times in the past decade, the scoreline didn't reflect it. We started with a fucking weird team which didn't help us, Nunes and Kovacic sat on the bench whilst McGinn steam rolled past Lewis and so on.

Get the banners out City are signing a left back, Christian McFarlane. now when City first dropped the name 2 years ago i had a quick look at him, quick and strong, standard American, but he was also comfortable on the ball, i do not know how he has developed. But this puts right 6 years of failure, because it is 6 years since Angelinho broke through.
So for me every year we had no one capable of challenging the LB slot, coming through the academy, and for most of that 6 years we have had no first team player, we should have bought, if they failed we should have bought again, and again.
So good luck Cristian.

very flat so far, luckily all around not just for us of course lot can change a whole month left of the window.
surprised at Liverpool not backing Slot yet or Maresca not getting 1/2 big names in. (compared of the frenzy Tuchel, Potter, Pochettino got)

around May it was more likely Salah opts for Saudi offers and a big cash in on him, he is in same situation of being in last 12 months like KDB. for them not get a big fee for him seems a bigger issue than us not getting a fee for KDB. (how the fuck they got 40m for washed up Fabinho tho when Mahrez and Laporte both went for about 30/40% less...)

Arse also went big last summer Rice, Raya, Timber, Havertz about 200m spent (and they only pay Raya now this summer), compared to that Calafiori so far not that big of a window albeit he was rather cheap despite the Euros hype. expect their defence be even better tho as Timber is decent and was injured most season and Calafiori can add to that too.

not much from Barcodes either. they must hoping not to lose any more starter and Tonali come back with a point to prove. but nobody coming in to improve first 11 yet...

rags with Mazraoui, Yolo, Zirkzee, well bit better transfers than the very much overpriced Mount, Antony, Sancho type of shit deals lol, funny they also keep adding more coaches too to the staff to explain and help Ten Hag what to do.:))
quite interesting background talks there I imagine. "its great what you do, but we bring in 3 guys so you can work together because without those 3 you are fucking shit"
dippers will go for CB, DM and LW (Gordon prolly).
arse will go for DM (Merino), striker and RW.
rags already has 3 players agreed on personal terms (Ugarte, De ligt, Mazraoui) and who knows much they will spend again.
chavs still are going for RW and striker.
barcodes apparently close to signing Thiaw and want RW.
so yea, most of the clubs are waiting for players to get back from vacation and pre-season to end

Get the banners out City are signing a left back, Christian McFarlane. now when City first dropped the name 2 years ago i had a quick look at him, quick and strong, standard American, but he was also comfortable on the ball, i do not know how he has developed. But this puts right 6 years of failure, because it is 6 years since Angelinho broke through.
So for me every year we had no one capable of challenging the LB slot, coming through the academy, and for most of that 6 years we have had no first team player, we should have bought, if they failed we should have bought again, and again.
So good luck Cristian.
He's 17 mate

So good luck Cristian.
6 years of failure what are you on?

Reactions: BMR

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.