It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but i doubt we are gonna sign him to play right-back. And i don't think he would want that.
Think he will almost certainly be signed as an inverted fullback rather than pivot primarily. I'm almost sure I read somewhere he prefers fullback too, but Ive only seen that once and may have imagined it. Pep ideally wants his fullbacks to have midfield skills.

Well @tolmie's hairdoo pretty much confirmed that we are at least bidding if not agreed to sign carvalho so I think he'll be the midfield anchor man.

If we are in for Carvalho Pep must see something. I've watched Carvalho a few times and he's never impressed in fact the term carthorse comes to mind, but Pep will have seen the slowness etc... maybe it's the physicality we want.

If we are in for Carvalho Pep must see something. I've watched Carvalho a few times and he's never impressed in fact the term carthorse comes to mind, but Pep will have seen the slowness etc... maybe it's the physicality we want.

I think cart horse is harsh mate but he doesn't seem dynamic I agree. I just hope pep isn't helping out his brother with a nice windfall for the sake of it? All this buying players for Girona etc sometimes seems like pep is taking the piss looking after his brother

In the very few games I've seen him play he has been far from world class in any department

Busquets also slow player, but brilliant when reading the game.
Pep must be see something in Carvalho, despite never impress me everytime when i see him play.

Pivot is probably the one position that isnt really expected to run, they are supposed to be able to read the game and know where to be and what to do with the ball before they get it. Thats the reason Toure has been our most effective pivot this season, speed doesnt come into it as long as he is surrounded by mobile intelligent players.
Not seen enough of Carvallho, but if there is one position Pep knows better than any other it's pivot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.