It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Zaha would be a good signing but for him choosing to play for Ivory Coast instead of England and losing him to ACON every two years. Nevertheless, could be a useful player for us.

His name coming up again reminds me of @tolmie's hairdoo ABBA video a few years ago hinting we were looking at him. The negativity towards him then was high. Now a lot have changed their tune, so to speak.

It is similar to the Tielemans argument now. Buy a young player with potential for say £15-30 million and nurture him, get something out of him and watch him become very good/great or wait 3 or 4 years until he is great and compete with other teams to sign him for £50+ million and maybe lose him to Chelsea, PSG, RM, etc.

I would rather have Rose. He's a top player.

Rose is very injury prone. He's missed 2 months already with this knee injury, plus another month in September for a hamstring.

In fact he's missed at least a month or 2 every season since 12/13, and it's always his knee or hamstring, which should be a massive warning sign.

If we're blowing big money on a left back, I'd like him to be fit. Mendy would be cheaper, is also 5 years younger so the money is going further, he's going to be here longer. Plus his attacking output is obviously better.

I wouldn't complain if we went for Rose, obviously, but Mendy's got quite a few things going for him that Rose doesn't, even if he doesn't have the Premier league experience and we don't know quite how good he'll be over here.

It smacks of Alderweireld agent knowing Walker is upset with wages and has City option, so is trying to leverage a better deal for his guy.

Txiki was interested when he was at Southampton though.

Good luck and congrats by the way!

cheers mate, hoping for a calmer one this time as my 4 year old daughter was born with down syndrome and a major heart defect so has had 7 open heart surgeries so far! :-( all good news regarding city keeps us going sometimes! lol

Hope they happen soon sick to death of people coming on here saying ' I hope pep gets some new full backs'

pep will want players in asap you would assume so moves might happen and be agreed before players go on their holibobs?

cheers mate, hoping for a calmer one this time as my 4 year old daughter was born with down syndrome and a major heart defect so has had 7 open heart surgeries so far! :-( all good news regarding city keeps us going sometimes! lol
Hope you have a calmer one this time
All the best to you and your family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.