It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me buying Mahrez would make the most sense. Against Liverpool in the 1st leg in the CL Pep tried to go with Gundogan as he like extra midfielders to hold onto the ball, but played him on the right. However, he provided little creativity in the final 3rd. Mahrez is really good at keeping the ball and creating as well as cutting in from the right onto his left and getting shots off. Another concern is breaking down teams that park the bus. I see it happening more next season and we need to think of how to break down teams that play for a point. Huddersfield and although teams like Southampton and West Ham weren't successful, they did push us till the end and we could have very well ended with draws. We don't want to drop 2 points here and there which could cost us and lets face it we're not going to buy a big man just to lump it in. Mahrez would create so many problems for teams if we have De Bruyne, Silva and him on the pitch all at the same time. I feel he could also play as a CM. He can play dynamic passes to play the likes of Sane and Sterling thru when teams try to press. I wouldn't get rid of Gundogan though. He's has helped us this season when Silva hasn't played like Spurs at home. Unlike the first season when he was injured most of the time. Good player to have in the squad.

if you really think about it its probably a very small minority too

if pulisic comes to city this summer i could care less if he was a united fan growing up....if he develops into a star we are going to root for him all the same

Fwiw, it's could not care less. Not being nit picky but leaving out the word "not"changes the meaning entirely. Unless you meant to say you care very much he was a rag growing up. If that's the case, carry on.

To me buying Mahrez would make the most sense. Against Liverpool in the 1st leg in the CL Pep tried to go with Gundogan as he like extra midfielders to hold onto the ball, but played him on the right. However, he provided little creativity in the final 3rd. Mahrez is really good at keeping the ball and creating as well as cutting in from the right onto his left and getting shots off. Another concern is breaking down teams that park the bus. I see it happening more next season and we need to think of how to break down teams that play for a point. Huddersfield and although teams like Southampton and West Ham weren't successful, they did push us till the end and we could have very well ended with draws. We don't want to drop 2 points here and there which could cost us and lets face it we're not going to buy a big man just to lump it in. Mahrez would create so many problems for teams if we have De Bruyne, Silva and him on the pitch all at the same time. I feel he could also play as a CM. He can play dynamic passes to play the likes of Sane and Sterling thru when teams try to press. I wouldn't get rid of Gundogan though. He's has helped us this season when Silva hasn't played like Spurs at home. Unlike the first season when he was injured most of the time. Good player to have in the squad.
Pep always says he wants nice people. By that, I think he means that if you're on the bench or not playing, he doesn't want grumblers upsetting everyone. With Mahrez' antics over the transfer bid, I can't see Pep going back. There is also the issue of off the ball work, which I suppose would change when he sees everyone else grafting.

Yes, he’s afraid of tackles due to his injuries. Would sell now while his value is highest, another injury could destory him but he’ll most likely stay.
I think ilky is class. Pep won’t get rid . Not very often is a player brought when they are injured which he was. His passing is class aswell . I agree that against the scousers he was found missing and he must change that next season as a lot more teams are gonna come with the same tactics . If Jorginho comes which I think will happen ilkys game time will be further reduced which means he will be on the bench a lot more.

bailey, de ligt, jorginho = amazing window... or bappe for bailey.. stay young. screw mahrez. wish sancho stayed...

Jorginho, Bailey, De Ligt all our summer targets are not going to the world cup.

January's targets - Sanchez, Mahrez, Fred, Laporte, all not going to the world cup.

Coincidence?

Jorginho, Bailey, De Ligt all our summer targets are not going to the world cup.

January's targets - Sanchez, Mahrez, Fred, Laporte, all not going to the world cup.

Coincidence?
Fred and Laporte could well end up going.

Fred and Laporte could well end up going.

Not really.

Laporte is behind Kimpembe and Pavard, probably Rami as well. No chance he goes having never played for the senior side before.

Fred might get a spot but he won't make the matchday squads.

Fwiw, it's could not care less. Not being nit picky but leaving out the word "not"changes the meaning entirely. Unless you meant to say you care very much he was a rag growing up. If that's the case, carry on.
I think it's an Americanism. In the states people usually leave out the "not".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.