It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw, it's could not care less. Not being nit picky but leaving out the word "not"changes the meaning entirely. Unless you meant to say you care very much he was a rag growing up. If that's the case, carry on.
after reading it like three times, i totally realized i fucked that one up hahaha

Nope he has to be registered to play for either a club in England (association trained) or us (club trained) for a full 3 years prior to the season start after his 21st birthday to be classed as homegrown one way or another. So basically he would have to play here for the next 3 years or play for another club in the premier league.

Given that he has begun pushing for a move away from Ajax I don't think he has any interest at all in staying another year anyway, so we can almost certainly rule out the championship as well. If we're moving for him now I think that makes perfect sense because Vinny will be totally gone this time next year and in all likelihood will miss X amount of the season through injury even if he has a great last year.

Pep has shown with Sane last year and Bernardo this year that he is very adept at signing players and bringing them in slowly, and I think that is probably the plan with De Ligt. I still think he would be mad to come here and fight two of the other most promising cbs in the world for a starting spot just to work under a coach who currently only has 12 months left on his deal, but that is up to him, and with any luck the boss he has given him a bell and said he plans on staying longer.

Are you sure? because I know players like Angelino for example, Maffeo also will be considered homegrown despite playing outside of England for years.

But yea I don’t see why he would come here to fight for 3rd choice CB when he can go to other clubs and be an automatic starter.

No, he's very average. Pep has already worked with Shaqiri at Bayern, where his progress stalled.
Came across this wonderful tweet:

Did his progress actually stall, though?

Would love to read some analysis from the Bundesliga outlets or Pep about it.

Did his progress actually stall, though?

Would love to read some analysis from the Bundesliga outlets or Pep about it.
Well, Bayern sold him in the middle of Pep's second season for a reason. He was quite poor from what I remember, couldn't complement the aging Robben/Ribery duo productively. Failed to impress at Inter and eventually found his level at Stoke. IMO not good enough for PL top 6 clubs.

Well, Bayern sold him in the middle of Pep's second season for a reason. He was quite poor from what I remember, couldn't complement the aging Robben/Ribery duo productively. Failed to impress at Inter and eventually found his level at Stoke. IMO not good enough for PL top 6 clubs.
I’ll have to dig up some contemporaneous analysis of his time at Bayern and Inter.

He has shown his quality, even in a bad Stoke side, even against us. Sometimes a very good player moves at the wrong time or is shackled by being in a very bad team.

He could be just another also-ran... or he could be another Fabian Delph.

Are you sure? because I know players like Angelino for example, Maffeo also will be considered homegrown despite playing outside of England for years.

But yea I don’t see why he would come here to fight for 3rd choice CB when he can go to other clubs and be an automatic starter.
You are correct. It's got nothing to do with loans to other clubs.

Pep always says he wants nice people. By that, I think he means that if you're on the bench or not playing, he doesn't want grumblers upsetting everyone. With Mahrez' antics over the transfer bid, I can't see Pep going back. There is also the issue of off the ball work, which I suppose would change when he sees everyone else grafting.

That's nonsense when by all accounts Leicester have f**ked the lad over in two windows now. Why would Pep hold it against him that Leicester were saying one thing to him and then doing another. He was right to down tools. You can't say 'play til Jan and then we'll do a deal" and then renege.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.