It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nonsense when by all accounts Leicester have f**ked the lad over in two windows now. Why would Pep hold it against him that Leicester were saying one thing to him and then doing another. He was right to down tools. You can't say 'play til Jan and then we'll do a deal" and then renege.
I thought they asked for more money than City were willing to pay, not renege. City pulled out, he pulled a strop.

I thought they asked for more money than City were willing to pay, not renege. City pulled out, he pulled a strop.
"Don't worry Ryad, we'll let you go if a CL club come in with a reasonable offer"

"Mahrez? He's yours for £26bn mate"

"Sorry Ryad, they wouldn't go to £26bn and that's the price, yes, I know we pay you like a £30m player but..."

You are correct. It's got nothing to do with loans to other clubs.

Yes it does, look up the rules its really not that tough to understand.

Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21

If you are on loan, you are not on our books. If it had nothing to do with loan clubs, we'd have an absolute shit load of club trained players.

Are you sure? because I know players like Angelino for example, Maffeo also will be considered homegrown despite playing outside of England for years.

But yea I don’t see why he would come here to fight for 3rd choice CB when he can go to other clubs and be an automatic starter.

Maffeo counts as home grown because he has completed 3 full years at City.

Joins on Jul 2nd 2013, then goes to Girona on January 13th 2016 having completed 2 and a half years at the club. Then he returns to City on Jun 30th and doesn't return to Girona till Jan 1st. Thus finishing his last 6 months to be club trained.

Angelino I don't think counts as club trained.

He also joined in July 2013 but left a year earlier for NYCFC in July 2015 having completed 2 years at the club. He returns in October of that year but leaves in January having only completed 2 more months at city. He then returned to us for a day before going to Mallorca, came back in the summer and immediately went to Breda. So as far as I can work out is short of the 3 years by about 9 months.

It's difficult to improve on this squad but I would say we need a bit of a gritty type centre mid and another prolific striker for me.

If it's true that we might sign 4 players, I hope GK is one of the postitions. We have a €14m buy back clause for Rulli (Real Sociedad GK), Pepe Reina will leave for free in the summer and potentially Gunn could be an option.
Would love one of Fabinho/Saul/Ndombele/Jorginho, one of Griezmann/Insigne/Bailey/Mertens/Son and De Ligt

Reckon we're in for two + De Ligt or just 2.

De Ligt is under-21 for CL squad so fits in nicely, if we didn't get him and signed an older player we'd have to leave someone out. Unless Bailey counts as under-21 for CL and we sign him, his birthday is August 9th though so tough to say whether he'll count as 20 or 21 at the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.