It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peps press conference for the Wolves game might give us some clues if anything is happening on the transfer front, not actual names but maybe if deals are close to happening.

Negredo wasn’t a bad buy, he was a great buy. My memory of the beast was that he was a goal scoring sensation until he got that shoulder injury. He wasn’t the same after that but he was worth every penny and more when we bought him IMO.
Yes. We got a fantastic season out of Negredo and then, IIRC, got our money back. I loved his time with us.

I don't but I'm not employed to do it
Some people in our club are and seem to make a bit of a mess going about it
If I left things to the last minute in my line of work o would be underprepared
We don't deliberately do it im sure
We probably do. I would imagine leaving the bid till late would work wonders on someone who thought he could get €100 million for his player not long ago but could end up with nothing next year.

Well, in my mind, if they have the best starting 11 in the league, not one of our players could improve it. I personally think we could.
I doubt he meant that none of our players would get in Liverpool's team. Clearly Laporte, De Bruyne, Bernardo and Aguero are better than Gomez, Wijnaldum, Keita and Firmino. I think he just meant that their first choice XI is better than what any other premier league club can put out and he's probably right although there isn't much in it between ours and theirs.

Despite losing Silva and Sane and even if they add Thiago, I still think we'd have a slightly stronger squad than them as we have a bit more strength in depth in the forward areas.

I don't but I'm not employed to do it
Some people in our club are and seem to make a bit of a mess going about it
If I left things to the last minute in my line of work o would be underprepared
We don't deliberately do it im sure
Completely agree.... you’ve only got to look back at previous windows to see we’ve got ineptitude across all aspects of the club when it come to transfers

Koulibaly is better suited to to our immediate needs, but Koundé is a really highly rated 21 year old who could pay dividends for much longer.

I think the more important comparison is Kounde vs. Gimenez or Diego Carlos, and the answer to that is Koundé hands down.
Agreed - Surely we are now progressing alternatives to KK

It makes sense both as having a contingency - and for applying pressure on Napoli

I am really surprised at many of the comments in here. We have got the best manager in our history (sorry Joe), and are playing the best football in our history, as far as I can say only bring in my early 60’s. The last 10 years has been hugely the most successful in our history. Yet we still get a huge number of posters that everything isn’t quite as they would like it, slagging off players, the manager, the senior execs. Spoiled fucking cunts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.