It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a strange summer what with euro's and late finish to the last season
the transfer window is open and everybody is waiting on manchester city to spend and get deals done
then the rest can pick the bone of what left or pick up loans or free transfers (united)

city are short up front and maybe a new left back. but the shocking stories about players wanting moves
so maybe there will be 5 or 6 new faces. thank god the centre of defence is ok
Only expecting 2 or 3 new faces. Aguero replacement then maybe 2 out at the most and 2 in.

Laporte being on the right was absolutely terrible for Spain. Izzy Christiansen was on the radio commentary and she noticed it within 5 minutes, he simply refused to play the ball to the right, constantly using his strong foot to play the ball in side. Once it was pointed out it was impossible to miss, and it was painful to watch.

As a result, Spains 2 form players, Llorente and Ferran Torres on the right side of the pitch were completely starved of quick ball they could actually use to break Sweden down.

I would not be surprised at all if Garcia is lining up RCB in the next game.

Can't say that I paid close attention to all his passes but being left footed shouldn't stop him passing to the right. Yes he made more passes to his CB partner than anyone else but he didn't refuse to play right: he made 30 passes to his RB / RW; he made almost as many to Koke who played inside right.

Can't say that I paid close attention to all his passes but being left footed shouldn't stop him passing to the right. Yes he made more passes to his CB partner than anyone else but he didn't refuse to play right: he made 30 passes to his RB / RW; he made almost as many to Koke who played inside right.

If you watched the game you'd have seen it. His whole bodyshape was wrong so he always looked to pass left, and when he did pass right it was after a couple of touches to shift his body. It killed Spain's momentum.

If you watched the game you'd have seen it. His whole bodyshape was wrong so he always looked to pass left, and when he did pass right it was after a couple of touches to shift his body. It killed Spain's momentum.
Hmm, I saw him swing it out right first time on a number of occasions in the second half.

Hmm, I saw him swing it out right first time on a number of occasions in the second half.
Good for you. I'm not on the fence about it, both BBC commentaries tv and radio mentioned it within the first 5 minutes of the game and I know that because it was just as I swapped from one to the other, and he carried on not passing well to the right throughout. He's not a right sided centreback and never will be, far too one footed.

He only played 1 long pass to the right - in the first minute.

If you disagree, that's fine.

Last edited:
Only expecting 2 or 3 new faces. Aguero replacement then maybe 2 out at the most and 2 in.

me too but reports of b.silva not happy and wants a move and maybe a couple more like laporte ?
i always thought city was short up front even with aguero at the club under pep. it meant players like sterling and KDB playing more forward in a false because of injuries to aguero and jesus

i would not be surprise if 2 world class striker turn up at some point in the summer
because pep knew finally it a waste of time banking on sterling and jesus to get him out of a hole in tight games like in champions league ? i feel its the part of the missing jigsaw puzzle a world class striker or 2

Isn't it the other way round? That when he plays forward he'd pass right because he's left footed?

That would make sense as to why people appear to be disagreeing, when it's a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.