It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you make of all this TH?

You reckon a bid has gone in or is it just bullshit and people making large assumptions?

Personally I think its a huge mistake to go for Kane IF Haaland is available (which he would be for the type of money we may end up spending on Kane in the first place)

I just dont think that Kane is mobile enough for our pressing, aggressive enough for our style of play. I thikn there are genuine injury concerns and he cannot play across the front 3 (even Kun was better at that than he is). Kane has positive attributes....a very good finisher, links play but Haaland has all this and more...plus being younger, faster, more physical.

I also question Kane's motivation...he is spurs through and through but playing for us will be different for him...will he have that commitment - I dont see it from him...he si noot a player to run through walls for his team (neither Spurs or England).....and the England circus that he brings with him (extra media attention) is also another negative.

Lastly Ill admit that a small part of this is personal....I just cannt take to the guy... he has zero personality (and I know this doesnt really effect what happens on the pitch). I couldnt stand Bellemy before we bought him but as everyone said he was a twat but he was our twat and the guy would run through walls for the team he played for....again I just dont see that in Kane........

I really hope this deal doesnt go through but I suspect it may.....

With Haaland hes a phenomenal prospect but he’d have to get used to the premier league for a season, Kane just slots straight in . Where as with Kane you know what you are going to get proven premier league goal scorer who’s won golden boots etc.

We really want Kane, Kaz.

Certainly not what some people want to hear, same with Grealish, but City are simply covering all their options. I couldn't tell you where things stood with Haaland.

It makes sense really. I’d love Haaland but with Kane you get a multiple time golden boot winner that knows the league, has a proven record in the league and wouldn’t take time to adjust. Just slots straight in, it’s guaranteed goals

Haha - I literally posted here Friday that we valued Kane at £100m. It also appeared in some of the Sundays yesterday.

I don't see City going any higher.

I find it staggering that people are acting that £100m is some kind of low ball offer from City. Kane is 27, there are some questions over his ankle and we're in a post covid market.

I think you're right, they may push £5m-£10m more but that'll be it. If we're a club that walked from Jorginho over £3m, we won't be bailing Spurs out.

What do you make of all this TH?

You reckon a bid has gone in or is it just bullshit and people making large assumptions?

Personally I think its a huge mistake to go for Kane IF Haaland is available (which he would be for the type of money we may end up spending on Kane in the first place)

I just dont think that Kane is mobile enough for our pressing, aggressive enough for our style of play. I thikn there are genuine injury concerns and he cannot play across the front 3 (even Kun was better at that than he is). Kane has positive attributes....a very good finisher, links play but Haaland has all this and more...plus being younger, faster, more physical.

I also question Kane's motivation...he is spurs through and through but playing for us will be different for him...will he have that commitment - I dont see it from him...he si noot a player to run through walls for his team (neither Spurs or England).....and the England circus that he brings with him (extra media attention) is also another negative.

Lastly Ill admit that a small part of this is personal....I just cannt take to the guy... he has zero personality (and I know this doesnt really effect what happens on the pitch). I couldnt stand Bellemy before we bought him but as everyone said he was a twat but he was our twat and the guy would run through walls for the team he played for....again I just dont see that in Kane........

I really hope this deal doesnt go through but I suspect it may.....
I have to say with all due respect most of what you wrote here is just not entirely true..

1. "not mobile enough for our pressing" - we don't actually press that intensely! we press smartly and positionally, but our striker is actually far from constantly chasing the ball back. Even someone like jesus doesn't actually press that hard because it's not our game plan.. I don't know where the notion that we are a hard pressing team comes from, but it's strange.
2. 'not aggressive enough for our style of play" isn't the thing people always say about Kane is that he's *too* aggressive? I seem to remember a nasty tackle he left on KDB a few years back..
3. "Genuine injury concerns" - Across the last 7 season Kane has played an average of 32 out of 38 league matches a season, completing, on average, 87 minutes a match in those 32. I don't think any player in our first 11 except maybe rodri has played more than that since arriving.
4. "Cannot play across the front 3" - is that really a thing that we'd ideally ask our striker to do? When have we told sergio to play on the wing? I don't think that's a tactic that we'd wanna employ often so I don't think it's a very grave concern
5. "Haaland has all this and more" - does he? Does he get as many assists and goals as kane? With all due respect to haaland, kane is the 2nd best striker in the world - haaland has yet to consistently do it like him, and there are concerns about his link up play that are much more valid than kane's.
6. "Haaland is more physical" - I don't know about that.. Haaland is very physical, but kane is not lacking in that regard at all and if you actually look at haaland, he's pretty poor in the air, whilst kane is very good in that department.
7. "Question kane's motivation" - why? he's clearly motivated enough to win trophies that he's willing to piss off a lot of his boyhood club's fans giving that interview to neville, in order to potentially move. He's clearly VERY hungry for trophies - in fact, his hunger and motivation to play for us, to me, is clearly a plus over haaland, who himself doesn't seem to care where he'd play next season, CL, winning trophies, or doing anything, as long as he gets money.

All the rest I can't really argue because that's your personal opinion on Kane and it's very valid and I respect it, though I disagree. But on the facts I have to correct you on some of the misconceptions..

Mate, Romano didn’t get the info from City it’s clearly been leaked to him by Levy and spurs. Now look, it’s everywhere that we’ve put a bid in for Harold, guess who broke it before the lot of them? Yep Fabrizio.

Of course he gets some stuff wrong and yes he is a tap in merchant but you don’t get as popular a reputation as he has through knowing fuck all. He has contacts all over the show and often is on the money before anyone else as today has shown.

Everyone here just rubbishing it coz they don’t like/want Kane. Get over it, he’s going to be a City player very soon and I can’t wait. Best striker in world football in his prime in this current City side JEEZ

Nobody is disputing the end game. I said on Friday on here it is £100m or City would walk.

It's not been leaked by Spurs because there is no £100m bid in.

Ask yourself why the headline isn't Spurs reject £100m bid from Manchester City?

That's the story, instead it is a puff punt about what Spurs would be willing to accept.

Romano is flying a kite and there are plenty of people more than willing to help him fly it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.