It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just say we have some people inside the CFG who know fuck all about football and how it actually works.

The club actually likes to employ people who don't support City or don't have a real passion for football as such.

I have a couple of contacts within it and their bullishness is welcome, but we all know how things can get fubar.
Have heard that and know a couple who blues who have gone for jobs there with only the one who explicitly told me he kept schtum about allegiances getting one.

Something big really has been kicking off these last few days.

Have friends at CFG who state the club has done its business.

That's a very bold statement and one which excites and worries me in equal measure.

Im guessing the Euros are stopping announcements , would like it to be Messi but I just don’t see him signing for us. Also to say business is done sounds weird as Levy and Villa continue to put out that their players are going no where

Im guessing the Euros are stopping announcements , would like it to be Messi but I just don’t see him signing for us. Also to say business is done sounds weird as Levy and Villa continue to put out that their players are going no where
But levy and villa could be saying that for season ticket sales and if they say they have lots of money replacements will be harder to negotiate

Yes, can see that. Ramos, in particular, will have been on wages far in excess of what Laporte would still be happy with.

I'd take £75m with reluctance, but if we got someone in like Pau Torres for his £50m buyout, then that will be very good business for us?

Makes you wonder why Madrid don't just buy Torres, unless they go for both?
Obviously this could be because Laporte is better, more experienced and in his prime.

But levy and villa could be saying that for season ticket sales and if they say they have lots of money replacements will be harder to negotiate
Spurs have already sold their season tickets so it isn’t to do with that. More likely to be kept quiet so spurs can go about their business without other teams knowing they have a substantial wedge burning a hole in their pockets.

I doubt however we are anywhere near close to a deal for Kane at this stage, I fully expect levy to keep him hostage for another year and will look to cash in next year when Kane has 2 years left on his contract. If the move was to happen we would need Kane to really put pressure on levy and he just doesn’t strike me as the type of person who would kick up a huge fuss.

And its only "embarrassing" (which it really isnt at all) becuase some view that as a petty way of insulting someone and telling people they dont agree...

Im not sure why people cant just say I dont agree with you and either say why or argue the points instead of resulting to this petty form of insult.

There are others that do agree about both the Grealish and Kane potential signings. I get that you and others dont and Im fine with that - its all about opinions. Im happy to be proven wrong and if Grealish goes on to be a better signing that Bernardo Silva then fair enough....and if he doesnt, also fair enough he still maybe a decent player.

All im saying is that I dont believe he improves us and is certainly no better than what we already have (and probably not as good in some cases)

I continue to take encouragement from the fact even a month ago people at City were saying to me Messi would not sign a deal before it elapsed.

That has been borne out and then I have to ask myself, how did they know that would be the case, what else does the club know, who is feeding them the inside track?

When someone tells me City's business is essentially done, I try to think logically about such a statement.

Grealish, Kane? Sure, those deals could be boxed off, certainly with the players, but their respective clubs are still standing firm in public, at least.

But someone like Messi, he now gets to control his destiny, so in turn, gets to control the message and timelines?

Our deal was agreed last summer, so not a stretch to suggest something was put on ice if Barca could not deliver on their promises to him?
Tolm was it your good self or someone else who stated that as part of his financial package they were offering shares in CFG ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.