It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
but as good as the prem league now as thats the comparrison....or stick Sergio in the 1960's and 70's Brazillian league
I don't think Aguero would do as well as Pelé did for Santos back in the 60's and 70's, personally.

Wouldn't touch a deal like that with a barge pole, whats the point of buying a player for more than £100 million plus the fee's for Riola and Alfie only to have someone come in 18 months down the line and pay the £150 million release clause.

This is the issue with Riola, his player hasn't even moved yet and he is already planning where he will go next. All this talk of being set for 10 years is bollocks, his agent doesn't work that way.

Not necessarily,

People have this view of Mino that he is constantly pulling the strings and manipulating players to get them to move so he can get a cut and a payday, there are numerous examples of his clients actually staying places for long stretches of time, Such as Marco Verratti.

Players wanting a move doesn't mean he is forcing players to move, in addition, he can make money when a player extends as well. Why do you think De Bruyne and Sterling fired their agents.

They figured out they can save that ten percent by letting their lawyers and paying data analysts help them out in the talks. Erling may come here figure that out from the players and Mino goes away if he becomes a problem

Once again, Mino is an advisor here and as has been discussed here, Erling and Alfie will have the final say.

I continue to take encouragement from the fact even a month ago people at City were saying to me Messi would not sign a deal before it elapsed.

That has been borne out and then I have to ask myself, how did they know that would be the case, what else does the club know, who is feeding them the inside track?

When someone tells me City's business is essentially done, I try to think logically about such a statement.

Grealish, Kane? Sure, those deals could be boxed off, certainly with the players, but their respective clubs are still standing firm in public, at least.

But someone like Messi, he now gets to control his destiny, so in turn, gets to control the message and timelines?

Our deal was agreed last summer, so not a stretch to suggest something was put on ice if Barca could not deliver on their promises to him?
Hi S. . Is it also fair to say that "business is done" when the agenda has concluded ie we have finished our business some of which we won but other objectives eluded us.

Conclusions are not always victories no matter what sector of business.
Perhaps I misunderstand its context?

I don't think Aguero would do as well as Pelé did for Santos back in the 60's and 70's, personally.
its so hard to judge isnt it.

Ive watched players like Bell, Summerbee and Lee etc on video and know they were fantastic players....forwards like Jimmy Greaves etc and even players like Dennis Law, Best and Charlton and always wondered how they would fair in the modern game.

The skill level now seems so much higher, the pace so much quicker and the game even though its not as physical (ie you cant put challenges in like you used to) in some ways it is much more physical...take a player like Kyle walker....who can basically run 100m not far off quick enough (certainly in his prime) to be a reasonable sprinter....(not olympic standard but I bet he aint far off national level)......players like that didnt seem to exist in the 60's and 70's...I watch Bell and how graceful he was and I know from parents/grandparents that watched him that he could run all day but would he keep up with the pace of the modern game??...someone like Sterling or B.Silva whose work rates are phenominal....Ive looked to see if you can find stats for instance on Bell to see how far he ran in matches.....but Im guessing they didnt keep them back then so there is no way of knowing for sure.

People who had the privilege of watching these greats always say that they could have made it today.....maybe they could but that could also be nostalgia talking....who knows?

I was there on the Kippaz inthe 80's and can comfortably say that not many of those players from back then would make it at the top level now (Paul Lake would, Brightwell was a workhorse and another who could run for ever but did he have the skill level to play now)...Rosler almost definitely, Kinky if he had work rate?....ut can you iagine the likes of Steve Redmond (who was one of my favourite players for city as a kid) David White, players lilke Lomas, Steve Kinsey, Perry Suckling, Eric Nixon etc etc ever playing top flight football now...I dont think they would stand a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.