It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see Ole getting a top job after he leaves United. Can you?
I’m sorry but that doesn’t mean anything. He doesn’t work alone, he has a staff that does a lot of his job for him. And being who he is, next time we play, they could be only four points behind us.

I’m sorry but that doesn’t mean anything. He doesn’t work alone, he has a staff that does a lot of his job for him. And being who he is, next time we play, they could be only four points behind us.
Do you rate him as a manager?

Do you rate him as a manager?
Of course not lol but is he that much worse than Zidane, who has won La Liga and three Champions Leagues? Or World Cup winner Deschamps? He’s not a great manager, but he’s not so bad that he could screw up a top squad. He’s probably winning Europa League.
And I’ve thought Tuchel was a very good manager since Mainz. I’d take him whenever Pep decides to step down in a heartbeat

Of course not lol but is he that much worse than Zidane, who has won La Liga and three Champions Leagues? Or World Cup winner Deschamps? He’s not a great manager, but he’s not so bad that he could screw up a top squad. He’s probably winning Europa League.
And I’ve thought Tuchel was a very good manager since Mainz. I’d take him whenever Pep decides to step down in a heartbeat
That’s exactly my previous point, which you said didn’t mean anything. I appreciate English ain’t your first language mate, but clearly my previous point did mean something.

You could add Matteo to your list of poor managers who’ve won things. The difference with all of those managers compared with Solskjaer is that they already had a team full of winners with teams who had previously won things with the same players

Do you think United would be better with a manager such as Ancelotti, Conte or Allegri?

That’s exactly my previous point, which you said didn’t mean anything. I appreciate English ain’t your first language mate, but clearly my previous point did mean something.

You could add Matteo to your list of poor managers who’ve won things. The difference with all of those managers compared with Solskjaer is that they already had a team full of winners with teams who had previously won things with the same players

Do you think United would be better with a manager such as Ancelotti, Conte or Allegri?

I think the fact he probably wouldn’t get a top job after United (though you never know) doesn’t mean he can’t win the PL. That’s what I was trying to say.

And the answer to the final question is “maybe” for all three lol

I think the fact he probably wouldn’t get a top job after United (though you never know) doesn’t mean he can’t win the PL. That’s what I was trying to say.

And the answer to the final question is “maybe” for all three lol
Agree with that mate. He could, but with a decent manager they would have a much better chance, which the original reply from another poster seems to think is bollocks.

I’ll raise your maybe with a more than probably ;)

I personally don't think United are a threat with Solskjaer as long as we have Pep. They for me I reckon are at best an 80 point team. If they are a threat, it's more down to us having a bad year than them being good. They do have potential though, but they're not changing managers anytime soon.

Chelsea and Liverpool are still more of a concern. They'd both POTENTIALLY be good enough (90+ points) that we can't relax. I agree with the points that we can't really rest on our laurels, we have to do something in the summer. Replace Aguero, and one other is more than enough if they're good. Haaland and Grealish would be perfect. Even just one would be a big step.

We need to really go for quality though. Internal competition is what'll drive us forwards if previous years are anything to go by.

I personally don't think United are a threat with Solskjaer as long as we have Pep. They for me I reckon are at best an 80 point team. If they are a threat, it's more down to us having a bad year than them being good. They do have potential though, but they're not changing managers anytime soon.

Let’s assume United signs Grealish and Kane. Or Sancho instead of one of those two. And maybe add one or two good enough players to cover where they may be lacking. Would you really say they can’t be a threat? The number of points this year I don’t think can be the point of comparison given the way the season played out

Let’s assume United signs Grealish and Kane. Or Sancho instead of one of those two. And maybe add one or two good enough players to cover where they may be lacking. Would you really say they can’t be a threat? The number of points this year I don’t think can be the point of comparison given the way the season played out
I stick to my stance. As long as we have Pep and they have Solskjaer, no I don't see them as a threat barring a notably poor season by our standards. I don't see them as being any better than Tottenham were from 2016-2019. However if they replace Solskjaer with a better manager then even without those hypothetical signings I'd be far more weary of them.

Assuming City are good next season, my concerns currently lie with Chelsea and Liverpool.

I stick to my stance. As long as we have Pep and they have Solskjaer, no I don't see them as a threat barring a notably poor season by our standards. I don't see them as being any better than Tottenham were from 2016-2019. However if they replace Solskjaer with a better manager then even without those hypothetical signings I'd be far more weary of them.

Assuming City are good next season, my concerns currently lie with Chelsea and Liverpool.
I agree with you on Chelsea (especially) and Liverpool, but I also think United is in the mix. They already have something to build upon from this season. I wish it weren’t the case. The thing is, it’s the coaching staff, not just Ole, and the staff is competent enough.
Next season will be very, very tough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.