It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you on Chelsea (especially) and Liverpool, but I also think United is in the mix. They already have something to build upon from this season. I wish it weren’t the case. The thing is, it’s the coaching staff, not just Ole, and the staff is competent enough.
I personally think United have peaked for the time being, but admittedly there's no way I know for certain. You could be right.
Next season will be very, very tough
Just how we like it ;).

17/18 aside I don't think we've ever prevailed in an 'easy' season.

I personally think United have peaked for the time being
That is why my hypothesis is built around the notion that they would considerably improve their squad with two or three big signings and maybe two more squad players who can get the job done. If their window fails (or at least pales in comparison to ours and Chelsea’s), then you’re probably correct that they’ve peaked

I see two additions to the squad and one outgoing. Aguero is gone and as much I would like Mendy to leave, I think we are stuck with him and he will be likely our 3rd Choice LB after Zinch and Cancelo. I would give Dinho another year here. Foden who was thought to be replacement of Dave as actually ended up replacing Sane. So we only have 3 CM's for two places (KDB, Gundo & Bernie). I will like to bring Hossem Aouar for that position. The ideal replacement for Aguero for me is Haaland. Will be difficult to get him but no possible. As currently 1 foreign spot is vacant we can accomodate 2 incomings as oppose to 1 outgoing.

So Outgoing
Aguero (Free)

Incoming
Haaland (£100 Million)
Hosem Aouar (£ 40Million)

Do think a lack of physicality and athleticism is something we need to address

Other than Walker, I don't think any of our players have that raw athleticism that you sometimes need when the passes are quite working, sometimes you just need to bulldoze your way to a scrappy win

Links to Zakaria/Bissouma make sense, get a bit more athleticism and energy in the midfield

Also Nuno Mendes as he is everything we wanted out Mendy who is now shot to shit

Then obviously Haaland, pace and power in abundance

Do think a lack of physicality and athleticism is something we need to address

Other than Walker, I don't think any of our players have that raw athleticism that you sometimes need when the passes are quite working, sometimes you just need to bulldoze your way to a scrappy win

Links to Zakaria/Bissouma make sense, get a bit more athleticism and energy in the midfield

Also Nuno Mendes as he is everything we wanted out Mendy who is now shot to shit

Then obviously Haaland, pace and power in abundance
The links to Grealish also make sense,he's relentless when required,a proper never say die player.

United are focused on Sancho, not a striker, with Cavani set to renew.

That is good news in some respects, as we would land about £16m as part of his sale.

United not being in the equation for Haaland is two fold.

One less competitor for us, but allows Dortmund to bluff out a non-sale for quite a bit.

a little bit of news just browsing Madrid news online and looks as though they are after Lautaro and Salah in the summer. No news about Haaland same with Barca , Barca news is just about Aguero no other striker mentioned. Chelsea also are going all in on Lukaku.

a little bit of news just browsing Madrid news online and looks as though they are after Lautaro and Salah in the summer. No news about Haaland same with Barca , Barca news is just about Aguero no other striker mentioned. Chelsea also are going all in on Lukaku.

Madrid are a funny one

Salah is probably gonna cost Haaland money....why don't they just go for Mbappe who clearly wants to join them

United are focused on Sancho, not a striker, with Cavani set to renew.

That is good news in some respects, as we would land about £16m as part of his sale.

United not being in the equation for Haaland is two fold.

One less competitor for us, but allows Dortmund to bluff out a non-sale for quite a bit.
Are we still looking at a LB mate? How many players realistically if things went to plan are we looking at? 3-4?

Madrid are a funny one

Salah is probably gonna cost Haaland money....why don't they just go for Mbappe who clearly wants to join them

From what iv seen from madrid people posting info, they really dont have the money for it, super league was suppossed to save Perez this summer. So Mbappe plus his wages isnt realistic for them right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.