It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
City showed interest in Messi and Ronaldo so PSG and rags would pay them daft money in a panic then walked away. Leaving us clear for 21 year old Haaland.

Of course that's complete shit and only in my head but would be a wonderful masterplan.

Reactions: TFC
Think quite a number of us on here have become too wrapped up emotionally 3 transfer sagas have left a fair few drained angry disappointed and upset at getting gazumped 3 points tomorrow few pints things will feel better c’mon city!!
And even that plan is tainted by the shit kick off time

He will have to get a game 1st.

If City had decided that we didn’t want a striker this summer because Delap was our man, I reckon 90% of City fans would buy into/love it. However, it will be a square pegs/round holes job with the likes of Sterling, Torres, KDB, Bernardo taking it in turns. It has worked before and it can work again but it clearly wasn’t the plan for this season. We have failed miserably in the transfer market and not giving the best manager we have ever had, or ever likely to have, the tools to do his job is fucking criminal.
I for one am glad we didn't sign Ronaldo or Kane but that's me personally and I fully understand why people on here would like either of them, I just think if we are going to spend such money on a striker I'd like that player to fit the bill and a striker to be one that will be here long term, I do agree though we have failed in the transfer market regarding a striker, If Pep wanted a striker they should of got him one it could end up being out downfall this season or on the other hand it could work out well in the long run if Delap is getting game time and ends up producing the goods either that or Torres does the job. Only time will tell I suppose.

The song was inspired by the Depression-era photographs of Dorothea Lange, showing poverty-stricken Americans in Dust Bowl conditions.[1] Gabriel saw Lange's images in a 1973 book titled In This Proud Land. He felt that a song based on this was wholly appropriate to difficult economic conditions in England under Margaret Thatcher.[2] He composed lyrics about a man whose unemployment causes stress in his domestic relationship. The verses, sung by Gabriel, describe the man's feelings of isolation, loneliness and despair; the choruses, sung by Bush, offer words of hope and encouragement.

Gabriel originally wrote the song from a reference point of American roots music and he approached country singer Dolly Parton to sing it with him. However, Parton turned it down, so his friend Kate Bush took her place.[3]

Who is an unemployed striker at present???
Dolly Parton - so we're after a couple of strikers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.