Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
It remains to be seen where he would play. IMO he'd be on the left wing simply because the systems is hard to grasp for midfielders. So just like Bernardo I think he'll play on the wing in the first season then gradually be put in midfield if he were to come.

One thing is for sure is that Grealish is a creator from the left of the attack. Something that we are actually lacking. So comparing him to Mahrez and Bernardo are fruitless because they don't play on the left. Only Phil (who won't play every game) and Mendy are actual creators. Sterling is a player who needs someone to slip him in passes (the creator) like a David Silva.
Left wing imo that is Foden's best position where he is currently most effective. So he would need to play elsewhere.

Im fairly sure we see him as a midfielder and he’ll play with Sterling not instead. No hes not a winger.
So what are you basing your claim that we see him as a midfielder from ? Even though his club and country manager sees him as a left winger.

Aside from that, even if your claims were true he has been playing as a winger for a long time now so for now he is a winger

Left wing imo that is Foden's best position where he is currently most effective. So he would need to play elsewhere.
Like I said Foden can't play there every game and what if he were to get injured? We could use more options. Foden could also possibly be the 3rd midfielder in the 8 position after De Bruyne and Gundogan if Bernardo were to leave. He's played there in a few cup games and could be ready to play in the midfield more this season.

So what are you basing your claim that we see him as a midfielder from ? Even though his club and country manager sees him as a left winger.

Aside from that, even if your claims were true he has been playing as a winger for a long time now so for now he is a winger
Lets see when or if we buy him. One things for sure we seem very clear which 2 players we want, so we must also very clear how we are going to use the two players and who they are to replace. If Grealish replaces Bernardo. Thats good enough for me

Like I said Foden can't play there every game and what if he were to get injured? We could use more options. Foden could also possibly be the 3rd midfielder in the 8 position after De Bruyne and Gundogan if Bernardo were to leave. He's played there in a few cup games and could be ready to play in the midfield more this season.
I’d expect Sterling Foden, Mahrez Torres even Jesus all to play the wide positions, that leaves only Gundogan to partner KDB. Foden could play there but I’d expect to see Grealish be the more likely.

I disagree. What are his options with four years still remaining on his deal if Villa simply refuse to sell?
He will stay there, but clubs rarely want a disgruntled skipper. That would be a very bad outcome for Villa

Genuine question after watching that video.

Can someone tell me what Grealish offers better than any of our present squad?
I wasn’t convinced but was impressed with him in euros and thought it was a mistake by waistcoat to ignore him like he did.

it does appear he carries the ball well and isn’t afraid of making a “risky” forward ball. kDB apart there is a lot of safe passing in our side at times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.