Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t convinced but was impressed with him in euros and thought it was a mistake by waistcoat to ignore him like he did.

it does appear he carries the ball well and isn’t afraid of making a “risky” forward ball. kDB apart there is a lot of safe passing in our side at times
I agree that Grealish takes more risks with the ball and seems confident when taking players on. I think he will provide a different dimension when we need to break teams down. That said it is hard to see beyond Mahrez and Foden for the flanks based on last season's form. Perhaps Pep will change to a 4-2-3-1 formation next season with Kane at the front. It will be good to see what develops.

I agree that Grealish takes more risks with the ball and seems confident when taking players on. I think he will provide a different dimension when we need to break teams down. That said it is hard to see beyond Mahrez and Foden for the flanks based on last season's form. Perhaps Pep will change to a 4-2-3-1 formation next season with Kane at the front. It will be good to see what develops.
Not convinced we will pay up for Kane. Certainly it will be 31 aug if at all.

Lb and holding midfield still a concern for me and where does gundogan fit in? Is he wanting to go for him as holder which didn’t work in Cl final.

of course rotation means this isn’t an issue most of the time but what will the best xi be?

ederson
Walker stones dias zinchenko
De bruyne Fernandinho grealish
Mahrez Kane foden

Not convinced we will pay up for Kane. Certainly it will be 31 aug if at all.

Lb and holding midfield still a concern for me and where does gundogan fit in? Is he wanting to go for him as holder which didn’t work in Cl final.

of course rotation means this isn’t an issue most of the time but what will the best xi be?

ederson
Walker stones dias zinchenko
De bruyne Fernandinho grealish
Mahrez Kane foden
Whilst that team looks great, it's horses for courses for me in that there is no best 12 per se, it all goes on the opposition, tactics, fitness etc.

he isnt as good as Foden.
They are different. He is much more relaxed and he freezes the defenders like Zidane used to do.

I'm not suggesting he is Zidane. Just that I see a similar effect. It's hard to judge how good these type players are until you put them against the best and they dominate the best... Then you go "Interesting... Huh!"

Whilst that team looks great, it's horses for courses for me in that there is no best 12 per se, it all goes on the opposition, tactics, fitness etc.
I think for a CL final, FA Cup final, crucial league game in April/may there is a best XI that you put out.

Nothing. Just pure hype. Might be a better dribbler than most tho.
I would say Foden is a better dribbler of the ball already...especially in tight spaces.

Mahrez as well is probably better as well (and Im not a Mahrez fan)

Bernardo is easily as good

Sterling - can be as good but what I really like about Sterling is that when he is off his game he carries on trying (something that Pep likes n players as well) - as opposed to Mahrez who becomes very safe and passes backwards and inwards

Jesus is very good at retaining possession with close control despite his other flaws in front of goal

I wouldnt say he stands out above any of those

KDB is more of a drive forward type of player at pace into the space....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.