Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is quite obvious isn't it? Leaving to win inevitable title after title with a super team is a lot easier than building something organic with players of lesser talent. As you lot point out incessantly, it's an awful lot harder and less likely for Villa to finish fourth than for you to win the Champions League or whatever. So why is leaving for easy honours ambitious?

You could make the ‘easy honours’ jibe at any top club in history.

I doubt Teddy Sheringham ever questions the treble he won at United after leaving Spurs and nor do I think Kyle Walker ever questions the trophies he’s won at City since making the move from Spurs also.

Ultimately these top pros work hard as fuck to win these trophies on a consistent bases and it’s often that determination which separates them from the rest of their professionals.

His ambition is to win things, simple as that. Will he do that with villa, no. Will he do it with city, yes. Pretty straight forward really.
It's very difficult to explain to fans who don't see Buendia moving to Villa to further his career the same as Grealish doing that at city.

Why would Buendia not stay at Norwich when it's much easier to stay up at Villa? Where's the ambition?

More than £100m. With him we compete for Europe, without we risk looking over our shoulders. Hence why this deal is so tricky for you - he's worth far more to Villa than he is to Man City.

He is definitely worth more to Villa than to City. I just don't think it is 100m. Nut that is a difference of opinion thats all. I also don't think you are anywhere near challenging for Europe, with or without him. With no condescending intonation intended whatsoever, I do however admire the optomism.

I think this is quite obvious isn't it? Leaving to win inevitable title after title with a super team is a lot easier than building something organic with players of lesser talent. As you lot point out incessantly, it's an awful lot harder and less likely for Villa to finish fourth than for you to win the Champions League or whatever. So why is leaving for easy honours ambitious?
There is nothing organic about being in the PL due to a goal line error and having rich owners just like the rest of us. Football stopped being organic decades ago mate. Leave your holier than thou attitude, especially when you are on another club's forum.

Absolutely fucking insane, this one
“Respect Villa’s ambition to get into the Champions League”
“If Jack goes to a Champions League club, that isn’t ambitious”
Because it wouldn't be his achievement. You're already a winning machine, he would just be joining an already completed project. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

Because it wouldn't be his achievement. You're already a winning machine, he would just be joining an already completed project. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.
Because he knows you are nowhere near challenging. Harsh but true.

So why did Watkins ignore the failed promotion attempt and just sign for you? You were already a premier league club and it wasn't his achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.