Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did Watkins ignore the failed promotion attempt and just sign for you? You were already a premier league club and it wasn't his achievement.
Where did I say I respected Watkins for that decision? That I''m happy he's a Villa player doesn't mean it wouldn't have been a far more rewarding path to gain promotion with Brentford.

Because it wouldn't be his achievement. You're already a winning machine, he would just be joining an already completed project. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.
Ambition is about having the drive to become the very best possible version of yourself. Not settling for an easier life in your comfort zone.
Does Jack want to have Raheem Sterlings career, Kyle Walkers career, even *spits* Wayne Rooney’s or Teddy Sheringham’s career?
Or does he want Matt Le Tissier’s career. Or Danny Rose’s career?

Where did I say I respected Watkins for that decision? That I''m happy he's a Villa player doesn't mean it wouldn't have been a far more rewarding path to gain promotion with Brentford.
That explains everything. You are a purest who doesn't like to see players further their careers by moving clubs.

Now I understand your stance on Grealish. Unfortunately in the real world this is the only way players win the big prizes

So the media are trying to spin Villa as offering Grealish huge money to reject us.

Now fans are reporting no advertising online or in their club shop for him

Maybe in the same vein, but Grealish statistically wins more fouls per game than almost everyone, and Silva certainly didn't.
Silva got kicked a lot. But he also moved around in his own pocket of space a lot and very rarely held onto the ball for too long

More than £100m. With him we compete for Europe, without we risk looking over our shoulders. Hence why this deal is so tricky for you - he's worth far more to Villa than he is to Man City.

Europa maybe but not champions league,

United have strengthened.
Chelsea are maturing
Tottenham may lose Kane but are making very good recruitment choices
Leicester have signed incredible young talents
Liverpool have made improvements to their defence
Wolves have added a hot and cold manager but added Trincao Who is a very good young player
Arsenal are even adding to their weaknesses with a very good Rb in Tavares and a young promising midfielder in lokonga

Top 4 even europa will be difficult for Villa

your linked to Bailey who is still living off his old form from seasons ago he’s a sub at Leverkusen after his potential and form took a nose dive. Only shows up against Bayern

Buendia is quality but does not get into any of the top 4s midfield or attack, you’ve also been linked today with Rafinha who’s a sick note.

I just don’t see how you break that Top 6

Last edited:
Ambition is about having the drive to become the very best possible version of yourself. Not settling for an easier life in your comfort zone.
Does Jack want to have Raheem Sterlings career, Kyle Walkers career, even *spits* Wayne Rooney’s or Teddy Sheringham’s career?
Or does he want Matt Le Tissier’s career. Or Danny Rose’s career?

No he aspires to Stanleys career-)

His last deal running to 2023 then makes even more sense for a release figure acceptable to both parties to be agreed with a new 2 year extension he signed.

If 75m was the supposed benchmark utd would have had to pay (but wouldn't because he wasnt worth that), the following year that becomes less and his desire to leave possibly more.

Agreeing a release clause around the same amount or marginally higher is the only logical option. Lower, makes no sense for villa. Higher, no sense for Grealish. There or thereabouts, Villa get to safeguard that value, the player gets to keep his options open while getting higher wages and showing respect to his club and fans.

I've been a sceptic of a release clause all along, but I'm getting more and more to it. Particularly as noted before, the way Villa have treated this, making it look like there is one. My guess is around the 80m mark.

City will change that mentality of Grealish. We don't want free kicks, it gives the defending side time to organise themselves again.
He plays that way for Villa because that suits their gameplan.
We are in for him for his other attributes that will help City out think our opponents.
Plus refs don't give us free kicks anyway, so he has no option but to change his style.
While I hope you are right he also played that way for England and its engrained in some players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.