Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only 14 when he left but I remember feeling conflicted. Absolutely devastated he'd gone when I saw the news on fucking Ceefax but I was also happy for him that he'd gone to a better team with a serious chance of winning things. Obviously didn't work out how he would have wanted but I couldn't blame him for going*.

I'm not sure why a club who would more than likely still be in the Championship without Grealish would begrudge him a similar move. Then again, I had a quick flick through their forum last night and it looks like a lot of them have completely overcommitted to the whole "he's definitely staying to win more meaningful trophies" thing and will probably feel embarrassed and let down as a result.

*Although going off later interviews it looked like it wasn't exactly his decision anyway.
Same happened with Clive Wilson, was gutted when he left. Great LB for us.

For those who remember, losing Paul Stewart to Spurs was a huge blow to how we saw ourselves back in the 80s. It was a bitter blow that told us we were no longer one of the big boys, even though it should have been obvious long before then. I feel sorry for any side that loses their best player, regardless of how much money they receive etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.