Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t particularly like the way he goes to ground too much. We’ve got players who try and stay on their feet if they can, and after seeing the positives that come from that when we can attack the space past where the challenge went in, I think that outweighs going to ground to win a free kick, slowing the game down and allowing the opposition defence to get back and set.

But outside that, I really like this lad’s game. He’s got incredible control and skill. If he can do that and keep the quality with fewer touches and quicker passing in a City side, I think he’s become an elite player.

I don’t particularly like the way he goes to ground too much. We’ve got players who try and stay on their feet if they can, and after seeing the positives that come from that when we can attack the space past where the challenge went in, I think that outweighs going to ground to win a free kick, slowing the game down and allowing the opposition defence to get back and set.

But outside that, I really like this lad’s game. He’s got incredible control and skill. If he can do that and keep the quality with fewer touches and quicker passing in a City side, I think he’s become an elite player.
He would win 20 penners a season for the rags
They would improve his diving technique

No particular axe to grind but to balance up a few comments about his stats:

- He’s the driver in a vastly inferior team to City. His role is to make stuff happen, not to get on the end of moves. Comparison with Sterling, for example, is meaningless because their roles are totally different.

- Bernie’s G & A numbers are underwhelming yet we love him for his rounded contribution.

Just sayin like.

He would win 20 penners a season for the rags
They would improve his diving technique
He may get 2 or 3 penalties a season if he played for us, but would certainly get 17 or '18 bookings for "simulation" to cover the rest of his falls. He would then be known for his diving, in the same way that Dinho is known for his "tactical fouling".

He may get 2 or 3 penalties a season if he played for us, but would certainly get 17 or '18 bookings for "simulation" to cover the rest of his falls. He would then be known for his diving, in the same way that Dinho is known for his "tactical fouling".

Not sure why some of our fans think we aren’t given our fair share of penalties

City have been awarded 20 penalties in the league over the last two seasons, only the Rags (25) have been awarded more

Of course we only scored 11 of those 20 but that doesn’t change the fact that there isn’t some massive conspiracy to deny us penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.