Jack Rodwell

A fine performance today by Jack Rodwell. Obviously consistency is key, so it would be great to see him build upon the job he did. Hopefully he'll avoid injuries and play well enough to continue to be selected. He'd said earlier this week that he hoped his City career could follow the same route as Vincent Kompany. That is a high bar to set, but today was a great start. Fair play!

Very promising performance today, I thought he finally got to show what he can do. Hope he can build on it

gordondaviesmoustache said:
He looked very athletic today and dominant in the air, much more so than Barry on either count.

I reckon Gaz Baz has got another season as a first tier midfielder for us, especially as he doesn't have any discernible pace to lose and his positional sense is so exceptional, but injuries permitting, Rodwell is going to come increasingly to the fore to eventually replace him.

To me it looks like Garcia is the Barry replacement and Rodwell will replace Yaya a year or two from now. Great options.

NQCitizen said:
He looked very athletic today and dominant in the air, much more so than Barry on either count.

I reckon Gaz Baz has got another season as a first tier midfielder for us, especially as he doesn't have any discernible pace to lose and his positional sense is so exceptional, but injuries permitting, Rodwell is going to come increasingly to the fore to eventually replace him.

To me it looks like Garcia is the Barry replacement and Rodwell will replace Yaya a year or two from now. Great options.
I did think about that after and posted it. Either way, as you say, great options.

NQCitizen said:

I did think about that after and posted it. Either way, as you say, great options.

If they fufil their potential and have many more performances like today having snapped up the pair for less than Andy Carroll or Stewart Downing & Phil Jones will look like a great deal.

NQCitizen said:
NQCitizen said:

If they fufil their potential and have many more performances like today having snapped up the pair for less than Andy Carroll or Stewart Downing & Phil Jones will look like a great deal.
I like the idea of a "Stewart Downing & Phil Jones" being a unit of currency.

I like the idea of a "Stewart Downing & Phil Jones" being a unit of currency.

Yeah

Downing = Halfpenny
Jones = One Pence
Kyle Walker = Tuppence

and on to

Yaya = £50 note

Cleverly = Gold bar obviously

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.