James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Premier league sides aren't going to take the risk on an 19 year old that's done nothing but look better than the rest in pl2 far. There's too much at stake and virtually no reward for them. They'd want him to prove himself in the men's game first before they even consider loaning him as anything other than an extra body. I don't watch the championship but Swansea are 16th, seems a bit low, I'd be wanting him playing for a side at least challenging for the playoffs ideally. 6 months in the championship with a new lengthy contract followed by a year at a Premier league team, like a Brighton or a Palace if he can attract enough attention could be an excellent gateway for him.

Somebody mentioned Gallagher at Palace, he's been fantastic this season so much so he will be at Chelsea next year and be another valuable player they've loaned out and got back at a young age completely ready for the men's game, he will be 22 then. Mcatee is 19, could have 18months away and come back to city ready to play and still only be 20

Give him a contract, then give him sub minutes.

I don’t see why he has to go on loan when we only have 3 midfielders for 2 spots, Pep hardly plays Phil there as he is our best LW.

It’s honestly perfect timing to slowly give him minutes and take over for Gundogan. Over like 3 years he could completely displace Gundogan as the starter as his age affects him.

If he goes on loan and does well, when he comes back he won’t get first choice, he will have to acclimate to the team, why bother? Just do what we are doing with Palmer and give Gundogan and Bernie some rest.

Swansea is most likely, they want Burns & Wilson-Esbrand as well, which could help them all settle and play pretty quick i would think.

Mark Allen is the Sporting Director he was here for 8 years and then at Glasgow Rangers 17-20 prior to the move, this year.

Allen has a wealth of knowledge and experience in British football, spending eight years as Manchester City’s director of academy where he helped nurture the likes of Phil Foden and Jadon Sancho.

He was also director of football at Glasgow Rangers from 2017 until 2020, where he was responsible for recruiting Steven Gerrard as their manager.

How much influence has Pep on where these youngsters go or is their loan clubs organised by the youth managers.

Whatever happens the rest of the season i’d really love to see him start vs Swindon in the Cup. Never mind cameo minutes at the end of games, play him from the start, let’s see where he’s at.

if he goes to a PLl team he will not start a game until he adapted to the level that might take 6 months or more. better of at the championship where he will go directly into the starting lineup

He would but I think prem minutes are better, Chelsea have a 40 mil player now in Gallagher from two loans to shit prem sides. Brighton or maybe Eddie Howe's newcastle feel more worthy minutes than Swansea, but if its solely about the style of play then swansea the one.

RE contract, yeah you'd hope that a condition of letting him go on loan is that he renews.
Conor Gallagher literally went on loan to Swansea

Whatever happens the rest of the season i’d really love to see him start vs Swindon in the Cup. Never mind cameo minutes at the end of games, play him from the start, let’s see where he’s at.

The problem with the Swindon match is that it’s 6 days after the Arsenal game and 8 days before the Chelsea game so there’s no real need to rest anyone.

The problem with the Swindon match is that it’s 6 days after the Arsenal game and 8 days before the Chelsea game so there’s no real need to rest anyone.
Agreed, but for me it wouldn’t be to give others a rest, the prime reason would be the chance to play him in a game against sub-standard opponents (with respect, in comparison to our usual matches), in a competition of lesser importance to us.

Although that said, we may well have more covid absentees by then, regardless of the gaps between games. Lots of unknowns I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.